The weather is warming up again. It started with a cold Monday. But today (Sunday) it was so warm that I used the fan for a several hours.
I made my first homemade tomato soup. I was inspired by Bless' s recipe. It was delicious. I used 6 tomatoes, so after 3 servings I still have a bit more left.
![]() |
| Tomato soup. |
Tomorrow is Presidents' Day, so the college is closed. Thursday is my short work day, so I came home and cooked for the long weekend. I tend to eat more when I'm home. 😊 I sent this photo to my sisters because they think I don't eat well and am too skinny. So once in a while I send photos of my stockpile, meals and the fridge full of stuff to make them happy. Heheee.
![]() |
| Greens, brown rice, lentil curry, green jackfruit curry and stir fried potatoes & onions. |
By the end of Sunday I have eaten most of it, so I have to cook again tomorrow for the work week.
The weekend was not as productive as I planned. I had a lingering headache on Saturday, so I didn't do much.
The weekend was not as productive as I planned. I had a lingering headache on Saturday, so I didn't do much.
Today I did yard work. I repotted several plants, and also planted some flowers along the fence. While I was working, I saw a hawk on the nearby tree. He flew away soon, but came back later. I was able to take a photo of the hawk, and the moon. If you look closely you can also see another little bird on the right.
I still didn't choose a quilt pattern. I want it to be very simple, so most probably I will sew the blocks diagonally. I still have to see how the colors work.
The week was also a relatively frugal one. I did spend money on a gift ($14), made a donation ($50) and also bought a small tube of eye cream ($13) for myself (getting old can be expensive 😉). 6 days of this week are no spend days. I received $150 sign up bonus from a Capitol One credit card. I used the card to pay car insurance premiums and everything else last month, and it's good to have cash back for the things I buy anyway. I always pay the full amount each month and already applied the bonus towards this month's bill.
So that's my week. How was yours? Did you have no spend days this week?
So that's my week. How was yours? Did you have no spend days this week?
Results of this week's to-do list:
1)
2)
3) Choose a pattern for the quilt.
4) Do yoga.
5)
1) Choose a pattern for the quilt.
2) Mend clothes.
3) Organize the living room bookshelf.
4) Do yoga.
5) Sleep 7 hours.
Have a great week everyone.
XX
Nil



That is a great photo of the hawk with the moon in the background, and that is a very brave little bird, perching that close to the hawk!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made the tomato soup and enjoyed it! Thank you for linking to my blog post.
I hope your sisters were happy to see the lovely meal you prepared and to know that you are eating well. :) I suppose they worry about you. How many sisters do you have?
I'm sorry you had a headache on Saturday. Maybe due to a lack of sleep? Also, make sure you are drinking enough water - sometimes, headaches are due to being dehydrated.
I had 5 no spend days, this week - Tuesday through Friday and today. I spent money on Monday and Saturday, grocery shopping and putting gas to the car. I will probably grocery shop, again, tomorrow.
Enjoy your day off tomorrow and rest.
I have two sisters, Bless. Sometimes I jokingly say that they act not like my younger sisters, but like aunties, bossing me around. LOL
DeleteI don't think the reason for my headache was lack of sleep, I was able to sleep well past week. But probably not drinking enough water. After I read your comment I drank a full glass of water, and have been drinking water more often. :)
It's great that you had 5 no spend days. For me, most week days are no spend days because I don't like going to stores on my way to work or back home. :)
Your meals look delicious!
ReplyDeleteI love four o clocks. One of my favorite childhood memories is picking the blossoms and making flower necklaces in my grandmother's backyard
I too love four o clocks Anne. I remember my grandmother also had them in her yard. I was tickled to see them in Florida.
DeleteThe weather is (very) slowly beginning to warm up here too. Even on frosty mornings the sun has usually worked it's magic by lunchtime.
ReplyDeleteAll your food looks delicious and I'm not surprised it doesn't last long. X
I'm sure it's nice to have warm weather over there, Jules. The morning are still cool here, but it gets very hot very soon.
DeleteYour food looks tasty, and the birds are pretty. We spent money on our grocery shopping day, but we came in under budget, so that's good.:-) Enjoy your day off!
ReplyDeleteI miss reading your blog, Priscilla. I hope your book is coming along well. Just the other day I wondered if you already published it. :)
DeleteOh goodness, I am only on the second draft. My quota is 1000 words per weekday, 500 on Saturday, and I take Sunday off. So I'm about 30,000 words into the 2nd draft. I keep pluggin' away . . ..
DeleteGood luck Priscilla. You are doing great. I can't imagine writing 1000 words per day, especially something creative. Thank you for sending me the link to your new blog. :)
DeleteYour cooking looks good and healthy! I like the photo of the hawk (and other bird) with the nice green trees in the background. Andrea
ReplyDeleteI was very surprised to the see the hawk that close. It normally perches on a tree trunk by the lake.
DeleteThe soup looks delicious. I love watching birds, especially the hawks and eagles that live around our lake. They are bothered by the crows who, in turn, are attacked by the mockingbirds. Always lots of drama!!!
ReplyDeleteAh isn't it fun to watch birds? There are several bullies in my backyard too. :) Mostly they are doves, and blue jays. :)
DeleteYour soup looks delicious. Look at all of that healthy, nourishing food that you have prepared. I think you are slim because you don't eat junk. We have Red Tailed Hawks here, too. They are huge! I had one at my bird bath, and three near my chicken coop!
ReplyDeleteOh I hope hawks won't bother your chickens, Stephenie. I can always tell when a hawk comes close because all other birds start panicking.
DeleteHoooray! You slept 7 hours!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete✨✨✨✨
:) :)
DeleteExcellent idea! Cook ahead! :-)
ReplyDeleteMost of our meals, make double. Which is lovely. Yesterday's meatloaf will actually make 3 meals. :-)
Your college is off today. Our oldest grand son's is off too. But his girl friend's college, is in session. -head desk- Can't figure this out!!! No fair to her!!!!! :-)
✨✨✨✨
Oh, I hope your grandson's & his girl friend's spring breaks are on the same week. :)
DeleteNil, your sisters must be very hapoy to see you are eating good meals :-) We will have another hot day today then hopefully it will start to cool down as we go into Autumn (Fall) in March. It is as dry as a bone here so some rain would be appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get rain soon, Chel. We had a couple of rainy days so I didn't have to water plants. :)
DeleteI quite fancy coming over for dinner, I would like to try jackfruit curry. I don't even know what a jackfruit is, will go and google now. Wishing you a lovely week. x
ReplyDeleteI buy canned jackfruit Christina. They are not as good as fresh ones, but I'm happy at least cans are available here. If you have a Chinese grocery store nearby, they most probably have canned jackfruit.
DeleteDid not mention your lovely photo of the moon and the hawk, and bird.
ReplyDeleteOh my, that bird should fly away. It might be a meal, for the hawk!
Actually the hawk flew away first. It was a very brave little bird. :)
DeleteA question... If you care to answer... You are a very neat person, who loves to plan, and to make to-do lists. So I wonder, what subject(s) you teach...? Wondering if your personal preferences, are shown in your choice of career? :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, I do come up with some funny "wonder-ings"! -smile-
I teach physics, Wisps of Words. I am a very neat & organized person according to my friends and colleagues, but I don't know if it's related to my field, because I have seen many very untidy physicists. LOL
Delete