I feel that my weekend is productive when I get house work done, and also have time to read and relax.
This morning started with something that made me so excited. When I went to the compost pile to empty the tub of food scraps, I found a whole bunch of butternut squash sprouts. I have never seen that green and healthy looking seedlings. So I picked some and planted in pots.
I am trying to sprout two store bought avocado seeds as well. They are on the kitchen window sill with several root ends of scallions.
My front yard gets lots of sunlight as it's west facing, so I got a nice harvest of spinach. This bunch went in to a sausage dish to add a bit of green.
I also made strawberry jam and another batch of citrus vinegar with tangerine peels.
Another loaf of gluten free bread is in the oven, and I think it's time to read a chapter of Patricia Wentworth's book. Or watch another episode of The Dr. Blake Mysteries on Netflix.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. xxx
You are having a very productive weekend and it's just started for you too. Your strawberry jam looks so yum. I hope your bread comes out well too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your relaxing time. You sound so happy and content.
Kylie
I love it when seeds sprout~ aren't they just a happy sign of spring?
ReplyDeleteHow are the squash sprouts doing? Your jam looks delicious. I love making that citrus cleanser, too. It's fantastic. It sounds like you're having fun...
ReplyDelete