
It is supposed to be a beret, but I think it a bit too ruffled for my liking. I think it looks like a pot or a chef’s hat. 🤣
I took the above selfie and sent to my sisters. 😎 They said it looked nice, but I think they were being nice. 😊 Anyway, I plan to use it in winter. Usually I wear my hair in a chignon and find it difficult to wear hats. This hat is roomy enough to hold my hair.
I used 100% virgin wool worsted yarn. I bought three skeins of this yarn a while ago, from a thrift store. I think the skeins must be pretty old because the label says "Distributed by F. W. Woolworth Company". The yarn is still strong, so I'm sure the hat will last for a long time.
XXX
Nil

I think you should believe your sisters! Nice hat!
ReplyDeleteThank you earthmotherwithin :)
DeleteI honestly think it is lovely, I truly do. Great style.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the link to the pattern.
xx
Thanks Joy :)
DeleteYour hat looks fab, as do you. It reminds me of a hat Bob Marley might be wearing, I really like it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Christina. :)
DeleteMine is not as colorful as Bob Marley's hats. :)
The hat looks fabulous, as do you. I agree with your sisters, it's a great photograph.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll take a look at that pattern myself, as I often struggle to find a hat that can accommodate my hair without feeling too tight. X
Thanks Jules.
DeleteI think mine got too ruffled because I added several more rounds thinking it was too small for me.
Wow! It looks great, Nil, and you look lovely and very stylish! I think you did a wonderful job with making the beret! Oh, Woolworth's closed many years ago! But, wool will last a long time and keep you warm in the winter. Look how much progress you've made with your crocheting! Well done! Fingerless gloves will be great, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Bless. :)
DeleteThere's a building with Woolworth's name on it in this town. I like historical stuff, so I read about the company. :)
I love your hat! I had one like it when I was a teenager. I miss it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Priscilla. :)
DeleteI think you made a lovely hat. That is something I've not done. I like hats but don't wear them. The magic circle, I've tried that a few times, need alot more practice with that.
ReplyDeleteThank you Faith.
DeleteI love wearing hats, though I don't get to wear wool hats often in Florida. :)
Slouchy hats are a "thing", and it looks terrific, not pot-like at all. And look at you, gorgeous, I thought it was a pic of the actual pattern, with a model wearing the hat. The colour is great on you, what a good thrifty find.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nanette. :)
DeleteLovely selfie and lovely hat. Good luck with the gloves!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen. :)
DeleteYou and your hat are lovely. I am looking forward to seeing the progress on the fingerless gloves.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anita.
DeleteI started gloves, but it's going slowly. :)
I like your hat:-) Also, am impressed with the items you're making - wow!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lady Locust. :)
DeleteIt will be wonderful for winter!
ReplyDeleteAnd love to see a Selfie! Don't know why, you don't do more.
But your privacy is your decision!!!! I never want to encourage anyone to reveal more, than they want to. It is personal.
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
Open up, USA!
With safety measures!
Compromised people
Stay home!
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
I rarely take selfies, Wisps. :)
DeleteConcerning the new stuff on Blogger...
ReplyDeletePer usual, Blogger is using its bloggers, to alert them to problems. This Pre-Stage is called Beta.... Which means, whatever the provider, doing this, is using us, to help them do their work. Grrrrr....
So have you told Blogger, about the bad issues, you have found? They tell us to do so. Thus showing, that they are using us, to do their work for them.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Sure it's Free, to us. But come on, Blogger is making money, or it would not be functioning.
So why use its users, to help them?
Grrrrrrr.... Yes! All Beta, "ticks me off."
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
Open up, USA!
With safety measures!
Compromised people
Stay home!
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
I love all your knitting and crocheting, you are doing really well with them, I like the ruffled look, very organic looking.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bridget. :)
DeleteNil, that looks terrific. You are learning so much about crochet. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThank you Chel. :)
DeleteI find crocheting very relaxing.
I haven't commented in awhile but I love your hat! It's so pretty and looks good on you. Bobi
ReplyDeleteThank you Bobi.:)
DeleteI hope you are doing well.
Oh my gosh, you did such a great job on the hat, Nil. You skills are getting really good! Way to go. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Belinda.
DeleteThere's still a lot to learn. But I really enjoy crocheting. :)
You look so pretty! I love that hat; you did an excellent job. I think you have such a talent for crocheting. Thanks for sharing. That wool must be good quality. It will last and last. It doesn't matter how old it is. That's one thing I love about knitting. You can wear what you make for years and years...(decades, even.)
ReplyDeleteThank you Stephenie. :)
DeleteI love your green hat, Nil. You are really good at crocheting and I saw too that you finished your redwork embroidery. It's lovely too. I wonder what you'll make next! MegXx
ReplyDeleteThanks Meg. :)
DeleteI’m making a pair of fingerless gloves. 😊
Add my well done to all the previous comments, Nil. I also think that your hat looks lovely, and also like the color and the fact you modeled it yourself.
ReplyDeleteThanks you Beatrice. :)
DeleteYour hat looks so nice...and you look beautiful. That is so neat the wool is from the F. W. Woolworth company. When we first moved to Delaware, 40 some years ago, there was a Woolworth's store still in town. Andrea
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea. :)
DeleteThere's still a building in our city with F. W. Woolworth name on it. I read that the company closed in 1997. I'm sure some stores were closed even before that.
what a wonderful accomplishment! I've never had the patience to learn to knit or crochet.
ReplyDeleteThanks Judee!
DeleteI like crocheting. It's like meditation to me. :)