After 1 1/2 years, I'm back in the classroom. It feels both strange and exciting at the same time. Because FL Governor has banned mask mandates, our college only 'expects' everyone to wear a mask. Fortunately most students in my class wear masks. I have to remember to use sanitizer often and not touch my face. One of our technicians is already in the hospital, on oxygen. Though I am fully vaccinated, I think I will get COVID one these days no matter how careful I am.
We still have 50% of the classes online. In my case, I teach 4 classes online, and 4 classes on campus.
I spent the last two weeks attending meetings and preparing class material. So I rarely read blogs. I will catch up soon. π
Take care everyone. Stay safe. πΌπΌπΌ
Nil
XXX

Take care Nil, hope your students and you remain safe
ReplyDeleteI hope you will NOT get Covid, Nil! Are you wearing a mask when in class? If so, can you get some N95 masks as they are supposed to be more virus resistant than other masks?
ReplyDeleteMy friend is an elementary school principal, and they've had a COVID outbreak among the staff, with school only being open for a week. It's really scary. Stay safe & take all of the precautions you can! Sending good thoughts for your technician who is on oxygen. That sounds scary.
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds extremely unsettling and it's a shame about the mask situation. I hope you keep safe and well.
ReplyDeletexx
The basket of beautiful fruit made me smile. Even if it's scary, I'm sure you're glad to see your students in person again. Have a great semester!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you updating your blog. I have wondered how you were doing these days. I certainly hope you don't catch this awful virus. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteTake care Nil. I do hope you are able to stay safe and can avoid catching the virus.
ReplyDeleteHello1 I hope and pray you will have a safe, healthy, stress free school year!
ReplyDeleteMy hope is that with the vaccination if we do get Covid it will at least keep the symptoms for being life threatening.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with back to school… the situation in Florida sounds dire, but I think the problems are starting everywhere. I wish the anti-vaxers would shut up or die!
ReplyDeletebest… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Hi Nil, That must be so frustrating. Part of me wonders if everyone has to get it, too. I just got vaccinated. I think I have had it twice, and the second time was much milder. I stayed home and isolated. These are challenging times.
ReplyDeleteNil,
ReplyDeleteIt is a shame that something as simple as wearing a mask for everyone's protection can't be mandated. Hopefully, you will have a safe year. It does feel somewhat scary that even those who are vaccinated are still getting covid. Best of luck to you.
all the best to you Nil. hope you stay well.
ReplyDeletecheers
sherry
It must be quite a change being back in class after such a long time away, Nil. I can recall when you first posted about teaching online and it's hard to believe that was 1-1/2 years ago. It's nice to read that most of your students are being safe and wearing masks. I hope everyone will continue to be safe. I'm sure fellow bloggers will understand that you will have less time to read and comment on blogs.
ReplyDeleteIf you’re e vaccinated and you get it, then it probably won’t be symptomatic. π€π½
ReplyDeleteMy blog feeder is not functioning properly, I missed so many of your posts. I have some catching up to do. I am glad for now you are ok.
ReplyDelete