It's test time again. Now I try not to bring assignments home for grading. The other day I noticed 50% of one class without masks. Even this week, several students in one class are in quarantine because they had contact with a student with COVID. Faculty members were given KN95 masks, so yesterday I picked up mine.
I feel like I'm not very productive at home these days. I cook and clean, but that's all. I've been reading a Bruno novel, the latest by Martin Walker. Thank you Mae for letting me know about the book. ๐ Whenever I read about Bruno's cooking, I want to try try a new recipe. ๐
Take care everyone. Stay safe. ๐ผ๐ป๐ผ
XXX
Nil



I think I would like the Bruno detective/mystery novels. I enjoy the food descriptions in the Andrea Camelleri detective series set in Sicily and the Donna Leon books set in Venice.
ReplyDeleteThen I’m sure you’ll enjoy Bruno novels, Terra.
DeleteI’ve read only one book by Donna Leon so far. ๐
I have never read the Bruno books, but if they inspire trying new recipes. . .
ReplyDeleteWe are in no way out of the Covid woods yet, for sure. Our news is full of government plans for actions to be taken should we have a serious increase in cases.
ReplyDeletexx
It is sad that people refuse to wear a mask. It's such a simple thing and we believe is helpful is the spread. I'll have to look into a Bruno novel. Sounds good. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteOoh, what did you make? I see raspberries on top!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you picked up the KN95 masks! I hope you will continue to be safe and not catch this virus!
stay safe. cheers
ReplyDeletesherry
Yummy looking raspberry treat! It is hard to believe future scientists would not be masked up for class. It is nice to see you posting once again.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand why so many people refuse to wear masks. It's a difficult situation for you and I hope you can stay safe.
ReplyDeleteThat must be so hard to teach people who don't wear masks. I admire your fortitude. I think working, cooking and cleaning is very productive. That work situation sounds stressful and draining.
ReplyDeleteHope you and others will stay safe, Nil. It seems that going back into the classroom will be more stressful than virtual teaching had been. Raspberries are a favorite with me as well.
ReplyDeleteI love to find out about new books with a cooking theme embedded in the plot. I must try the Bruno books.I remember when I was busy working, sometimes I barely had time to read, so I think you are doing well Nil.Sorry I'm a bit late reading your posts, they don't come to my email for some reason so I have to check the blogger reading list.I'll try to correct that sometime. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHaha I read physics as psychics
ReplyDeleteLOL ๐คฃ๐คฃ๐คฃ
Delete