I have to grade 30 tests this weekend but today I'm not in a mood for grading. So this morning I did some work in the backyard. Passion vines along the back fence are producing fruits now. I have to trim the vines regularly so they don't go over the neighbor's fence.
I made a trellis for ridge gourd and winged beans using tree branches. Doesn't it look very rustic? π
![]() |
| Rustic trellis :) |
Sweet potato vines are taking over two raised beds now. About two weeks ago, I dug around for potatoes, but didn't see any. Last year, I got a good harvest of sweet potatoes in the 2nd week of October. I'll check again in a couple of weeks.
![]() |
| Sweet potato vines |
![]() |
| Sweet potato flower |
Several weeks ago I saw a bunch of seedlings in the compost bin. I wasn't sure what they were, but I planted them in a pot. It looks like some type of squash. I saw four flowers this morning.
![]() |
| Purple yam |








Happy 70th birthday to your Mom!
ReplyDeleteYour photos from the backyard are great! I love to see your garden growing; everything seems to be thriving! That rustic trellis is very impressive! I wonder what kind of squash plants they turn out to be? Maybe pumpkin? I hope you are able to get your tests graded, tomorrow. :)
Gorgeous to see everything doing so well. I also have purple and yellow yams growing out of a bag and curled around a window frame we had down ready to put new mesh in lol
ReplyDeleteI love your rustic trellis! I think elephant ears say "Southern" because that's the only place I've seen them. Aww, happy birthday to your mother!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is so interesting and all looking very healthy too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your Mum xx
Happy Birthday to your mum! I wonder what your mystery plant might be? The flowers look like courgette flowers but the leaves don't.
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking great and productive too, Nil. I am hoping for homegrown cucumbers this Summer.
ReplyDeleteMegπ
You have a wonderful garden with beautiful flowers. Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm the same age!
ReplyDeleteyour backyard looks very lush. and happy birthday to your mum!
ReplyDelete70 is such a special birthday- birthday wishes to her! Your photos are wonderful and you have such a lovely garden and yard.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on that trellis! Hope your mom has a wonderful birthday. I always enjoy your gorgeous pictures and learn something every time I read your blog.
ReplyDeleteYour yard looks so lush to those of us in the parched west. I hope those tests got graded by now!!! It is good to see you posting once again. Happy Birthday to your mom.
ReplyDeleteHi, Nil.
ReplyDeleteHappy (and relieved) to see you're back.
I'm finding out myself how therapeutic working in the garden can be. Apart from healing, it seems to give strength for all the other not-so-pleasant things which must be done as well. I'm late for your Mum's birthday but I will say a prayer for her tonight.
Take care of yourself, Nil.
Happy birthday to your mom, Nil. Your garden looks lush and productive. I love that potato flower.
ReplyDelete