Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Weekly Chit Chat

 


I changed my internet provider. Every year they increased the price. I usually call them and get a reduced rate, but it had gone up to $75/month this year. There was a promotion from another company, so I switched. The promotional rate is only for one year, and even after that, it will be $15 cheaper. 

So my internet bill went from $75 to $45. I read about T-Mobile internet for $50/month, but it is not available in this area yet. 

Last week I filed my taxes. I used IRS free e-file, and received the refund yesterday. It was fast. 

I started playing Wordle. It's a daily word game owned by The New York Times.  It's free (so far) and you can find information here.



Do you play Wordle?


XXX

Nil





21 comments:

  1. Hello! You are on top of things! Good for you! I do not play that game, but another blogger shared one similar called Wordus. I am hooked! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordle is something I found out about recently and both my daughter and I play it! She is better at it than I am, but, we both have fun (after the very first one when we collaborated, we do them separately now and compare how many tries it too us to solve!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nil, a friend told me about Wordle but I haven't tried it as yet. It looks interesting and I do need to stimulate my brain 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wordle and play it all the time. Unfortunately I found the site with the archived words so I can play several at a time.
    Smart move with the internet connection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not played Wordle yet, I'm not quite sure why as I love word games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen it everywhere but not dipped a toe in the Wordle water yet. It seems pretty addictive.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried Wordle yet, but I do play a few crossword puzzles, 2 word searches and the daily Jumble. It takes me about 15 minutes usually to do them all. And I consider it a good omen if I don't make any mistakes!! Nice savings with the new internet service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of people talking about it and I have yet to try to find it to play. I'll try it now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been playing Wordle and yes, it is addictive. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of wordle, but word games can be fun. And wow! You received your refund fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wordle. it coms on at midnight when I can play the next game. Love that you saved money on your IP

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I commented but I guess not. I love wordle and try to play daily...

    ReplyDelete
  13. everyone is talking about wordle. i must give it a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are smart to switch Internet providers. All of that savings makes a difference each month. I haven't tried Wordle, but it's very popular. I'm not very good at puzzles. I get frustrated that I can't finish them. I like to follow knitting patterns, though. I think that stimulates my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good news on switching internet providers and saving $, Nil, and we are considering doing the same with our cell phone services. I know about Wordle, but have not played although know of many others who do find it fun and addictive as well. Good for you on not only filing your taxes, but getting a refund already. We are still waiting on our 2020 refund along with over 6 million others 😟

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nil, we really need to keep assessing who is giving us the best deal with internet, insurance etc don't we. We are constantly needing to do that and save quite a few dollars. We tend to do crossword puzzles,although there used to be an online word game like yours that we played. I like the crossword puzzles, and the cryptic ones can be so good for the brain. Hope things are warming up for you over there. I can't see on your post where I can organise to receive your post straight to my email, I have to go into my reading list on Blogger to find your latest post, and sometimes forget so am often late. Take care, x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're okay, Nil! We miss you! Sending you big hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I've been busy with school work.
      I'll be back soon.

      I hope all is well with you. xxx

      Delete
  18. Hi Nil, it's been awhile since we've heard from you. Hope all's well with you.

    Love, Caitlynne Grace

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻