When I wrote the last post, I was determined to write at least one post per week. But, it's been a stressful time lately.
I've been busy with school work, but that's not anything new.
I'm mainly stressed out about the situation in Sri Lanka. There are long power cuts, food and fuel shortages, and protests in every major city. There's a severe shortage of medicine at hospitals. There were days with 13 hour long power cuts. My family still has food and other basic necessities, and fortunately none of them take any medication. But my heart aches for people who are suffering.
If you donate to charities online, please consider donating to this organization (Facebook link). Raise Sri Lanka is a legally formed non profit charity, registered at IRS (EIN is 851877023). You can see IRS information here.
If you are not on Facebook, you can also donate via their page on GuideStar. Or through Gofundme.com.
Even $5 helps. 🙏
Last month I bought plane tickets to visit my family this summer. I'm not sure when the situation in Sri Lanka is going to turn around.
What would one do when there's no food or gas to buy, even when they had money? The other day one of my sisters had waited over two hours at the gas station to fill up her car. I know my family is OK, but I can't stop reading news constantly.
This summer is not going to be a fun vacation for me. But I want to be there with my family. Sometimes I feel so guilty for staying so far away. 😢
Take care everyone. Stay safe!
XXX
Nil

I was thinking of you the other day when I was reading a new article about the situation in Sri Lanka. It is serious situation and I hope your family continues to be ok. I am sure just seeing your sisters and mother will bring you lots of joy in the summer, even when things are difficult. Cx
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))) Nil. I hope you are able to visit your family, soon. Thank you for the links.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it is such a difficult situation for you and your family. xxx
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you and your family as I have been following the situation in Sri Lanka. Thank you for the update on your family. Such a terrible time for such a lovely country.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will be able to visit your family this year. It's a difficult situation and it must be hard for you knowing that your family are in the middle of it all. I hope they all continue to be safe.
ReplyDeleteIt is very difficult to be separated from your family and loved ones when there is a crisis. Let's pray the situation will get better and thank you for posting the links.
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling your absence had to do with how things are in Sri Lanka but I thought you had gone back. Yes, things look bad. I wish there was some solution such as bringing everyone over to the States but I know you can't just uproot people no matter what the circumstances. Gosh, Nil, this is so tough on you and on so many back home.
ReplyDeleteThat must be so stressful, Nil. The basics are so important. It's easy for us to take them for granted. Protests and upheaval are upsetting, too. You just never know what's going to happen. Be careful on your trip.
ReplyDeletecrumbs. i had no idea about sri lanka! THis is awful to hear. I can't remember seeing anything about it on our news here in australia but then again i almost never watch the news. sorry to hear this.
ReplyDeletenot sure my comment went thru. Darn blogspot! I have the same trouble with comments on my blog. People can't get it to work. anyway just saying sorry to hear about your country.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad, I have not kept up with the Sri Lanka news, do you have a link that I could follow the news on? You should never feel guilty, your family would be sad. Families are always happy that a member of their family is in a good country
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nil, for this update on yourself and your family in Sri Lanka. It's good that they are safe now and certainly your worries about the future are understandable. I hope you will be able to visit them this summer as planned to reassure yourself and your mother and sisters. Being so far apart is difficult especially in such sad situations.
ReplyDeleteYes I have been watching the news with concern. I am worried about the people I met who were being supported by churches and charities even then, before the crisis. I hope your family is OK and coping somehow
ReplyDeleteI’ll be keeping you and your family in good thoughts and prayers, Nil. And praying for relief for all of Sri Lanka.
ReplyDeleteHi Nil! I'm sorry about your hometown country, but I'm glad you reported on it because I haven't seen this in the news at all. I was looking over your blog, and I want to say I play Wordle every day. lol my kids all do also and we often text our scores. Also, the dress you made is so pretty and is such a pretty style for you. Andrea
ReplyDeleteI’ve sent a donation, Nil. I wish it could be more, but I hope it will help. Hopefully when all the money donated is combined it will make a big difference.
ReplyDeleteThank you SO MUCH, Belinda! Hugs xxx
Delete