Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments about the little disagreement with my sister.
All my life I've been hearing about my low weight, so I should have gotten used to these comments by now. But it still irritates me, especially because my own family knows how much I dislike such comments. I was around 77 lb (35 kg) when I was in high school. I barely reached 88 lb (~ 40 kg) when I was in mid thirties. Now I hover around 100 lb (45 kg). I know I am too thin for my height, but my doctor is fine with it. So it doesn't bother me. My sisters used to be thin like me, but they started gaining weight in their early thirties. So now they want me to gain weight too! 😀
Sister didn't say anything about my weight during our video call last Friday. It was a relief.
The other day I picked one of the lemons. It looks like I picked it too early. It was hard to tell. I'm not sure this variety turns yellow when it is ripe. How do I know when to pick these lemons?
In addition to crocheting, I have been editing my first novel. I'm supposed to send the first draft to the publisher by December. I've been writing another story as well. This second story will be posted on my Facebook page and another Facebook writing group. There are some in that group who write and post episodes daily. But I'm too lazy to do that. I want to finish the entire story first, and then post episodes daily.
The other day I made chia pudding, and Vietnamese daikon and carrot salad.
Yesterday I saw a recipe for green jackfruit stew on Facebook. I'm planning to make it soon.
Did you try any new recipes lately?
Take care everyone. 🍁🍁🍁
XXX
Nil




I'm glad you were able to have a video chat with your family without any comments about your weight, Nil! I've never been thin enough for anyone to say that I was too thin! Quite the opposite, in fact! LOL.
ReplyDeleteI'd leave the other lemon on the tree for a few more weeks to see if it turns color.
Sounds like you are quite busy with your classes, book writing, and crocheting!
The jackfruit stew sounds interesting. Well done with trying out the new recipes. My daughter is more likely to try new recipes; I tend to stick to the tried and true. :)
I have a lemon tree and that lemon does not look ripe, I wait til the lemons are yellow. Like you I was picked on in school for being too thin. I guess people like everyone to be average, what a dull world that would be.
ReplyDeleteYou are at your natural weight and that's the best place to be. Anything else would be just plain wrong.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the granny squares - that's a lot of sewing up to do, isn't it? xx
So nice to the you are back. I look forward to reading your blog posts. It sounds like you have quite a few preps for all your variety of classes - plus writing a book is very time consuming. You are going to be busy!! Sorry about your video call with your family. It is so much fun to enjoy the fruit coming from your own yard.
ReplyDeleteOh such lovely pastel colors in your blocks - I will cheer you on for the next 246! I would never have the patience for that extended kind of project. How exciting to be sending your book draft off to a publisher. I will cheer you on in that regard as well.
ReplyDeletewow that looks like a lime. apparently we use limes when they are not ripe as they are meant to be yellow like lemons :) I wish i was thinner; how lucky are you.
ReplyDeletePlease keep us up to date on the progress of your novel as it moves through the publishing process. I love the colors on your crochet work.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. I missed commenting on your previous post but I have read it. I used to have the same problem with people commenting on how thin I was (up until my 40s when I started to gain weight) and there's no easy answer on how to get them to stop. I'd definitely expect my sister to be understanding though but it sounds like yours may have got the message if she didn't mention it during your latest call. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI somehow missed your last post. Your crocheted squares are beautiful, Nil. People used to badger me about my weight, too. I hated it. It turned out that I had osteoarthritis, and my legs were shrinking and losing muscle. After the THR surgery, I was able to put on some weight and rebuild my thighs. You have been very stressed. It's impolite to comment on someone's weight, I think.
ReplyDeleteHello Nil, It's so nice to see your blog posts again. Hope you are well. Your posts aren't coming across my email, so I'll look for them in my blogger reading list or try and resubscribe. Strange things seem to be happening. I'm not fishing, but are you receiving mine? Sherry and I are having trouble receiving each others posts, not sure whose fault it is, google or follow.it. I'll look forward to hearing more about your novel and stories. Your crocheted squares are beautiful. I wonder how you find time to write with working fulltime and all the other things you do. Well done. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI didn't read blogs for a while, Pauline. So I went to the reading list and saw your last post there. I haven't subscribed to email notices.
DeleteHowever, I can't comment under my blog name when using the iPad. I have to use my laptop. I'm not sure why this is, but it's frustrating because I usually use the iPad for reading.
It's difficult to know how to react to a family member's criticism, Nil, and glad to read that your sister did not comment on your weight again during your video visit. Best of luck on editing your first book. What is the subject matter?
ReplyDeleteIt's a romance novel, Beatrice. :D
DeleteYour sister sounds a lot like mine :) I try to overlook the sniping comments but sometimes it can get too much.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the new semester is going well for you. Xx
I’ve not tried any new recipes lately, but did see a advertisement for a shop in Chattanooga that Carrie’s exotic fruits like jackfruit and I would love to stop In there and pick some up. I’m sorry about the comments your sister made about your weight and glad she didn’t mention it again on her last call.
ReplyDelete