Wednesday, February 1, 2023

All About Books

Last week another member joined my book club. 😄 He is still little, that's why he is reading the alphabet.

Recently I went to a nearby town, and found another used bookstore. I love bookstores, and can spend hours in them. 



Books are more expensive there than at other used bookstores. I bought three books. The owner said I could return them and buy new books with a 50% discount. 

My publisher contacted me this morning and said they resumed publishing new books. A group of authors and publishers in Sri Lanka has filed a lawsuit against copyright violators, so my publisher and several other publishing companies have resumed their work.

My book is scheduled to go to the printer next month, so I have a lot of work to do. 

I still want to learn how to make e-books. I did learn the basics, but my sample book's layout is horrible. There were empty pages , and several chapters didn't start on a new page. So I need to learn how to fix these errors.

We are supposed to have cooler weather again this weekend. 

How is the weather in your area? I heard there were ice storms in Texas and nearby states. Ice storms in Texas! 


Take care everyone. Stay safe. 🌻🌻🌻


Last week's to-do list:

1) Re-pot and fertilize herbs.

2) Reset the old printer and donate.

3) Make a sample e-book.


This week's to-do list:

1) Edit the book.

2) Reset the old printer and donate.

3) Harvest purple yam.


XXX

Nil


16 comments:

  1. I really like your book club group!
    So glad to hear that plans to publish your book is back on track! I hope it is published without any further problems! Let me know how I can buy a copy once it is published, please.
    Sounds like you will be busy this week! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love to browse and hang out in bookstores. Before Covid, we used to go to Barnes and Noble on Saturday nights and hang out reading the books, magazines, and bargain book areas. The weather is South Florida is great- I was at the beach yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty mild here in the UK although I gather it may get colder again over the weekend.
    That book shop looks good and I like the 50% back scheme.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your book Nil, I look forward to reading it one day. I love bookstores as well, and having worked in libraries, always have to restrain myself from tidying up secondhand bookstores, ha, ha. Your figurines are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news about your book. I hope you manage to get it edited etc., in time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book club is wonderful!
    Wishing you the best getting your book published

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little book club! What wonderful news about your book being published. That is such an achievement. Please let us know when it is available for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with getting the book published. You do so well with your blog, I am sure you will figure out how to fix the issues with the ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to have found a new bookshop to explore, Nil, and I too could spend hours in them, but buy few books aside from ones offered for sale at the local library. Recently, I have started purging cookbooks and given some to friends as I have too many never used. Good news about your book and hope you get all the editing completed on your to-do list. Our weather here in Nashua, NH, is not just cold, but frigid and as I post this comment it is now 9 degrees, which is warmer than the overnight temps in the minus teens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a very friendly little book group there. How nice to find a used book store; they are getting scarce around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bookstores too and could spend a few hours in 9ne. I’m so glad your book will be published soon! You must be so thrilled. I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes I adore bookshops! Good luck with your book being published.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nil, just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you finished this semester? Will you be going home for the summer? Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nil, are you alright? You've not posted in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore bookshops! nothing better than wandering around deciding what to buy. Hope your book publishing has turned out well. cheers Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nil- I just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing. Miss your blog posts too.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻