I really don't have a good reason for not blogging for the past year and a half. Yes, I have been busy, but I could have spent at least 30 minutes each week to read my favorite blogs and comment. I didn't do that either. I guess I was too lazy.
I am sorry for not replying to your comments. I just saw them when I logged in today. For some reason, I don't get email notifications about new comments now. I noticed that my last post was written in February 2023!
Lots of things happened during that time. All my classes, except one, went back from being online to on campus. It feels good to be back in a real classroom and to see my students in person.
The happiest news is that my mom and sister G came to visit me this year. Sister was here for a week, but Mom stayed with me for two and half months. I am so happy to be able to bring them here, at least for a short time.
![]() |
| Mom reading a book. |
Sister S had her first baby in May, so Mom and I went to Sri Lanka as soon as spring semester was over. I was there for a month and came back home two weeks ago.
In other news, now I am an author of two novels. 😃
![]() |
| My books. |
I have been trying to reduce my time spent online. Online classes forced me to spend hours on the computer and I found it very hard for my eyes. Now I have fewer online classes, and I want to spend more time on reading books, gardening and crocheting.
I download an app called Bookmory to track my reading. In May, I read 12 books, the most in this year so far. Nine of these books were in Sinhala, including three poetry books.
![]() |
| Books read in May. |
After a long break, I started crocheting again. It's the simplest granny square pattern, and I want to make a big blanket. It needs 204 squares and I just finished 54th one. 😀
Now I am going to read all your blogs and catch up.
Take care everyone. Stay safe. 🌻🌻🌻
XXX
Nil




OMG! So happy you are back!. Sometimes it is good to take a break. Congratulations on your two books! What an accomplishment. Nice that your mom came to visit you and spend time with you. I look forward to reading your blog
ReplyDeleteThank you Judee.
DeleteI really want to spend more time blogging again. Things were a bit hectic last year.
Nil, it's so lovely to see a post from you! Congratulations on being a published author of two books! I'm so glad that your mother and sister were able to visit you and you were able to go to Sri Lanka when your sister's baby was born. I hope you have a lovely summer and look forward to seeing you post more often.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bless.
DeleteI still feel sad and guilty about not being able to bring Dad here for a visit. So, I worked hard to arrange Mom's and sister's trip.
They might come again next year, depending on Mom's health.
Oh, I hope they are able to visit again, next year. By the way, how would I go about ordering a copy of your books?
DeleteWelcome back. Congratulations on the books and good luck with the granny square blanket! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you, Joy. It's good to be back. :)
DeleteWelcome Back Nil! Glad you've had such a good year and congrats on your novels! andrea
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea. :)
DeleteIt is so great to see you back posting, Nil. We have missed you very, very much! Your crochet granny squares look beautiful and you are 25% of the way there, woo hoo! Congratulations to your sister on her new baby and how neat that your Mom got to come and spend 2 & 1/2 months with you. You must have loved that! I know I would.
ReplyDeleteThank you Belinda.
DeleteYes, I loved having Mom here. I wanted her to stay longer, but she had to go back to see her first grand son. :)
How lovely to see you back! Congratulations on being a published author, not once but twice. Amazing. It is wonderful to read that you were able to spend time with your mum and sister, and to meet your niece/nephew. Cx
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to be back, Christina.
DeleteI am glad to see all my blog friends are still here. :)
Welcome back Nil and thanks for your comment on my blog post, which is how I knew to check your blog and so glad I did! You have had a lot of things going on with being back in the classroom, an extended visit from your mother and sister and then going back home for arrival of your sister's baby, niece or nephew? The blanket looks like it will be in soft lovely pastels, perhaps as a baby blanket? And, big congratulations on being the author of 2 books. I hope that you will return to blogging and I will add your blog to my sidebar so I can remember to check back 😀
ReplyDeleteThank you Beatrice.
DeleteSister had a son. Mom's very first grand baby. :)
The blanket is a large one, 100" x 92". I am using baby yarn.
I thought about making a baby blanket for my nephew, but the weather in Sri Lanka is extremely hot and sis said she wouldn't use crocheted blankets.
Nil 💕 So good to hear from you. Congrats on your books and what a joy to have such time with your family. Sounds like it's been a happy time away.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lady Locust.
DeleteYes, I had a lovely time and it was so wonderful to see my little nephew.