Last year I was in a dire need of bookcases for both living and dining rooms. I had a cheap particle board bookcase in the living room, and one day it collapsed while trying to move to another place.
One of my friends offered to build two bookcases for me. For the living room, we designed one to place near the window, with a section specially made for my Agatha Christie collection.
Here's the final result.
![]() |
![]() |
| It has a small space for reading figurines. |
![]() |
| This was taken several months ago. All these plants in terrariums are dead now. :( |
Here's my Agatha Christie collection.
And this is the bookcase made for the dining room. It's a rotatable bookcase, made from a discounted shelf unit found at Home Depot.





I really like your new bookcases, especially the one under the window! Your friend did a great job making it! Too bad that the plants in the terrariums died, but, it looks like you might have some new plants to replace them. I'm always trying to declutter my books! But, I rarely buy new books, now, and borrow from the library. However, I would like to find out how I could order a copy of your books as I'd love to read them and say the author is a friend of mine! :D
ReplyDeleteI had potted ferns, but they also died while I was away. Pothos and snake plants survived. :)
DeleteBless, I have an extra copy of the first book. I will send it to you. (I will email you)
Unfortunately, I only one one copy of the 2nd book.
You can buy it, and more Sinhala novels from an online shop called From Ceylon with Love.
https://fromceylonwithlove.com/shop/
Or their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557189962569
Thank you, Nil. I will check out the link(s). And thank you for the email, too. :)
DeleteYou have a very clever and kind friend there. Those bookcases are great! I always have a TBR pile. I don't read them in order, but just take what I fancy reading at the time. I mostly read fiction, but I also like history and natural history books too. Sometimes I will go through the pile and decide to get rid of a book without reading it if I have kept it for a while and it has got to the point where I wonder why I bought it. My books tend to be bought in charity shops and donated back there when I have finished reading them, so I don't feel too guilty!
ReplyDeleteI too buy used books, Tracy. I rarely buy new ones. :)
DeleteI love book cases and that rotating one is a bit different.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very clever friend. xx
I saw rotating bookcases on Amazon, and showed them to my friend. That's when he designed this one. Yes, he is very clever and artistic person.
DeleteOh I am a book addict also. I have one shelf that if for yet to read books, and it's full. Does that stop me from getting more when I find good ones - nope 🥴 Once they are read, if they are keepers, they go on the shelves. If they are not, they go to donation. Love how your new shelf fits under the window. That's perfect!
ReplyDeleteI think we readers don't know how to say enough, when it comes to books. :)
DeleteThe bookcases that your friend made for you are beautiful, Nil, and you may have to rotate your book collection to make roo for any future new ones. Yes, I do have a TBR pile of a couple at a time either in printed form or on the Kindle, These days, all are borrows from the local library so no worries about adding the the book case. I liked seeing your extenvie Agatha Christie collection as I do enjoy mysteries too.
ReplyDeleteI have all Agatha Christie books, Beatrice. All except 2 are used books.
DeleteNil, it is so nice to see you are blogging again. I have been slack with mine and should do a new post soon. You are a published author! Well done. I read a book every couple of days so should look into getting that App you mentioned recently. I have missed seeing your post and am glad all is well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Chel. It's good be back among like minded blog friends. Are you still making soap? I should go check your blog soon. :)
DeleteNil, I still make soap but not as often as our son isn’t here any more and there are just the two of us. I do have a lot of oil to use up as I bought some coconut oil in bulk last year plus my hubby bought three bottles of Rice Bran Oil when it came back on the supermarket shelves after COVID. Now there is the high price of Olive Oil due to a world shortage . Just as well I can make 100% Coconut Oil soap.
Delete