Last night while reading my favorite blogs I saw that several bloggers had stopped writing completely during my disappearance. Even their blogs are not there anymore. I was very sad to see that, but I understand it's natural to change one's priorities with time.
I am so happy many others are still active. While catching up with blogs, I noticed that the sidebar titled "Blogs I Read" on the blog homepage wasn't updating properly. To see new posts, I have to go to the "Reading List". I don't know how to fix this, so I removed the blog list sidebar.
This morning I went to the post office, a Korean grocery store and an Indian grocery store. I bought cucumber kimchi and soba (buckwheat) noodles from the Korean store. And lentil, mung beans, chickpeas, and black-eyed peas from the Indian store. Legumes are always cheaper there. I also bought two boxes of frozen string hoppers and a bag of frozen green mangoes.
I went over June finances and relieved to see it was not as bad as I thought. Though there were a couple of frivolous expenses such as a lavender candle and French-style yogurt.
I am going to be a bit more careful about the budget next month. No more candles, or Oui yogurt. 😀
Take care everyone. Stay safe. 🌻🌻🌻
XXX
Nil
Yes, lots of changes in blogland and I'm sure the changes are more noticeable after you've been away for a while. Lovely photo of the rainbow. :) You've had a busy day, running errands and grocery shopping. I've bought frozen stringhoppers, but, haven't seen frozen green mango! We had boiled mung beans for brunch, today. :) Glad to hear that the June spending wasn't too out of control. You'll do just fine in July, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteI think frozen green mango is a new item, because it was the first time I saw it at that store. It's a small store and they don't have a large variety of veggies. I've heard some other Indian stores carry frozen jackfruit, but not this one.
DeleteMaybe they will be back at some point. That would be nice. xx
ReplyDeleteI hope so, Joy.
DeleteHI! Yes it is sad when someone disappears in blogland, but that's how it goes! I've stopped and restarted my blog way too many times so I'm guilty! Hopefully people just need a break and haven't passed away or anything! Your shopping sounds nice and healthy. Yes these little things add up. Now that I'm older, I need to stop buying unnecessary things. Plus I need to purge what I have...can't take it with you when God calls! andrea
ReplyDeleteI too try not to buy unnecessary things, Andrea. I think as we get older we start appreciating experiences more and material possessions less.
DeleteWow! lentils and beans are so healthy. The Indian stores here in the US are also the most economical place to buy legumes and I try to include them in my diet regularly but the average American does not eat enough beans nor fiber. In regard to"Blogs I Read" on the blog homepage wasn't updating properly. If you go to the "settings" page and look up on the right hand top corner, you will see a little question mark in a little circle. click on it and it will give you 2 choices: help and feedback. Let them know that your" blogs I Read" is not updating properly. (I've done it) . They may not answer you, but they will fix it.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Judee. I will try contact Blogger and see it it helps.
DeleteHi Nil! It's so lovely to hear from you again. I've missed your posts.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on your novels. What a wonderful achievement, you must be thrilled.
Yes, life has a habit of taking over at times. Recently, I've also been finding myself yearning to take things a little slower, and I've been looking at ways to make this more of a possibility for me. I love your crochet squares, and I definitely need to get crafty again myself, very soon. I don't even know where my hooks are!
Just to let you know that I haven't disappeared, but there is a new URL for my blog https://alongthewaywithj.blogspot.com
X
Thank you Jules.
DeleteI went to your new URL and it appears that I still follow you. But the blog wasn't showing up on my list. I need to fix it soon.
Like you, I have been wanting to take things a bit slower. Life was too hectic past several months.
Beautiful photo of the rainbow. This is the first time to your blog and it's lovely. Come visit me too (smile).
ReplyDeleteVelva
Ooh you write about food! I am going to add your blog to my list. :)
DeleteI've noticed many blogs closed too, which is sad. I think TikTok has taken the place of blogging, which makes me sad. I moved your blog back up to my current blogs I read since you are back posting once again. I'm so glad to see you posting regularly again,
ReplyDeleteThank you Belinda.
DeleteI think I am too old for Tiktok. hehee.
No more candles? You are so disciplined and frugal, Nil. I am so happy that you are blogging again. I missed you. Yes, it is sad that so many of the writers we knew are no longer blogging. Your diet sounds extremely healthy.
ReplyDeleteI think I will still buy candle, Stephenie. But not the expensive ones. :)
DeleteLovely to see you back blogging Nil, I've missed you. I was a bit worried that I had missed your blogs, but it seems you have taken a break. Sometimes life events require us to do that. I will be absent off and on over the next month or so with our son and grandson visiting and our daughter needing support following her injury. However I will still try to visit blogging land when i can. Take care.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope your daughter recovers soon, Pauline. Take care.
DeleteIt is unfortunate, Nil, when you go to check a blog and find it's no longer available or that the blogger hasn't posted in a very long time. I have several blogs listed on my sidebar where the blogger has been inactive, and in time I may remove them. I was glad to find you comment on one of my recent posts as I had removed your blog and now it has been put up again, It makes it easier for me to find other bloggers posts. Unfortunately, it's too hard to read every post on a daily basis.
ReplyDelete