Saturday, August 24, 2024


The new semester started on Monday. I teach the usual class load - four different courses and three labs -  8 sections in total. It looks like I have a nice bunch of students. They ask questions and actively participate in discussions. 

I am back to my usual routines. Bulk cooking on Sunday and Thursday, laundry and yardwork on Saturday. 

Today I tried cutting down the dead passion fruit vine.  It was all over a cherry laurel tree, so I cut several small branches and cleared out the mess as much as possible. 


While I was outside, the neighbor gave me two avocados.


I am thinking of making avocado tortilla wraps for breakfast tomorrow. 😊


Take care everyone. 🌻🌻🌻


XXX

Nil






7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a busy week. But, you have your routines in place and that should help you. How lovely to receive avocados from your neighbor.
    I'm still reading your book, by the way. It's taking me longer than I though it would because there are words that I've forgotten, and while I can get the gist of what I am reading, I often need to re-read a passage to fully comprehend what is written. But, I'm enjoying what I'm reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a retired high school teacher, I remember how much prep is needed to begin a new school year! Good luck.
    We have been doing some yard work too just cleaning up overgrown branches and stuff. Cutting is easier than the clean up.
    I've become lazy and don't prep much. In fact, we have been eating out or my husband grabbing a " Hoagie" (Philadelphia word for submarine , Grinder, torpedo, or Italian or Cuban sandwich). The extreme heat of this summer has discouraged me from cooking. Enjoy your avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of your neighbor to give you the two avocados. We have mostly good neighbors here too, which makes me happy. I'm sure you are happy to have as much of the dead passion fruit vine cleared out as possible. I love to get things like that done and then sit back and look at how neat and tidy it looks. Sounds like you have a full course load of students this year. I'm glad to hear and hope it's a wonderful year for you, Nil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious gift.
    I'm glad your students seem pleasant and enthusiastic. It makes such a difference, doesn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your classes go well this semester.
    I do not like yard work but I know it has to be done__grudgingly. I wish I were one of those people who liked it. So does my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing nicer than some homegrown avocadoes! We were at a country market recently and bought a bag of half a dozen for $5! we were very impressed. Have a good weekend. cheers Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have a busy schedule, Nil, with classwork and working in your home and yard. I have never been able to organize meals for an entire week.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻