Monday, May 28, 2018

Visiting Mom

I'm on my summer vacation, visiting mom. I love coming home, but it was a very long trip. There were 3 flights totaling 19 hours and 45 minutes, in addition to the time spent at airports. By the time I reached home, I was very tired.


The iron bird that took me from Boston to Dubai.


Sun rise over the Indian Ocean.

It's Southwest- monsoon season in Sri Lanka, and it has been raining constantly. After several rainy days, today seems to be sunny so far.

I'm still suffering from jet lag. All I did so far was eating, sleeping, and chatting with mom. Mom is on a mission to fatten me up, and is making all my favorite dishes. πŸ˜„

Home sweet home :)


I missed reading my favorites blogs for the last several days. Today when I log in to my blog I saw a notice by Google about cookies. I'm copying it here in case my readers from European countries wonder about the new notice on my blog. It's by Google. If you are US based, you will not see this notice. In case you have a US based blog, you can check the notice by changing your blog address from blogspot.com to blogspot.fr  or blogppot.co.uk
 

"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyse traffic. Your IP address and user agent are shared with Google, together with performance and security metrics, to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics and to detect and address abuse."



Now it's time to catch up with my favorite blogs and the forum.  I'll see you again soon.


XX

Nil








22 comments:

  1. Have a great time on your trip home Nil. I'm sure you will enjoy many home cooked meals ;) Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....a long travel! You are a good daughter though! Have a nice time (or I hope you had a nice time if you are home already)! My google mail is not working these last couple of days. I figure nothing is private on the web anyway! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still with mom, Andrea. With a that long trip it doesn't make sense to be here for a week. The longer I stay the happier mom is. :)

      Delete
  3. Nil, enjoy your time with your mum and I hope the jet lag eases up soon. You can send some rain down here if you like as we badly need it. The year since you were last at home seems to have gone so very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain has subsided now, and finally we have somewhat sunny days. Otherwise I would have sent you some, Chel. LOL

      Delete
  4. Goodness, that's a LONG trip! Your mom's house and yard are beautiful. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla. It's my sister who keeps everything neat and beautiful. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hahaa Lady Locust, I'm keeping track of my weight to see how many pounds I will be gaining. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Nil, Thanks for the information about cookies. I love the photos from your trip. I can imagine that you would be very exhausted after that long flight. Enjoy your visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. :)
      It was a tiring journey, but it's worth it. :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you are home safely with your Mom and sister and other family. I remember those long journeys home and the jet lag, afterwards! Enjoy your time spent with your Mom and have some kavum and kalu dodol for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy holiday Nil. Your mum must be so happy to have you there to fatten up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanette.
      Oh yes, that's one of mom's favorite hobbies. She always thinks I'm too thin. :)

      Delete
  9. Hello Jules Lea here! I've discovered that my comments on your blog never appear when I use my WordPress account, it doesn't give me an error or anything. I click publish and they seem to work, but never show up. Anyway, hopefully using my Google account will work. Have a great time with your family, hopefully jet lag won't last too long and enjoy all those delicious home cooked meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I never saw your comments.
      When I comment on your blog, I always have to add my name and email. I guess WordPress and Blogspot don't want to make it too easy for the others members. :)

      Delete
  10. That sure is a long trip, enjoy your mums pampering, dont all mums do that? I just had my two daughters visiting me and they ate and ate and ate-however they went into my fridge themselves and brought out all the curry left overs hahaha.
    Cant wait to see more photos of your mums home town -----pretty please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget, I think mom's cooking is the best. I'm sure your daughters think the same. :)
      I will take more photos soon. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, how neat that you were able to see your mom, Nil. Hopefully you will be rested up in a few days and feel back to your old self. I know all that traveling is tiring. Thank you for the information on the cookies too. I was wondering about that. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻