As you can see, I changed the layout and the design of my blog.
I was fine with the previous one, but suddenly the side bar disappeared. Then I saw that it had moved to the bottom of the blog. I tried to get it back by changing the settings and the layout, but it was not successful.
So I changed the theme and picked something that has a sidebar. I played with the Theme Designer and customized font colors and size etc, to make it look simple. I find it easier to read and more pleasing to the eye now.
If you find it difficult to view this new design on your computer / tablet / phone, please let me know and I will try to adjust the settings.
Edited to add:
If you cannot see the sidebar next to my posts, now it appears only on the homepage. Christina at A Colourful Life explains : "Any subscription will take readers straight to a new post. There, the side bar on the right shows popular posts only. However, if you "zoom out" by clicking on the arrow to the left of the post title, you get to the home page, where posts are listed with images and where all the previous side bar information can be found."
Edited to add:
If you cannot see the sidebar next to my posts, now it appears only on the homepage. Christina at A Colourful Life explains : "Any subscription will take readers straight to a new post. There, the side bar on the right shows popular posts only. However, if you "zoom out" by clicking on the arrow to the left of the post title, you get to the home page, where posts are listed with images and where all the previous side bar information can be found."
Thank you very much Christina.π
XX
Nil
Looks great! I like it.
ReplyDeleteThank you earthmotherwithin π
DeleteVery nice! Andrea
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea π
DeleteLooks great, Nil. (except now I can't see the blogs that you follow.) The peaches look delicious.
ReplyDeleteStephenie, not seeing the side bar with my favorite blogs etc is the reason that I changed the previous layout.
DeleteNow they are all in the sidebar (to the right). I can see it both on my iPad and on the desktop.
I wonder why you can't see it..π
DeleteStephenie, what do you use? A desktop or an iPad?
You new design looks lovey! On my desktop computer the side bar shows up, but on my ipad it did not. Though I have zero idea how to change that.
ReplyDeletexx
DeleteHi Emma, I think something's changed when Blogger recently changed settings.
I couldn't see the sidebar on the previous layout with my iPad or the desktop. Now everything works on both.
I wonder why you can't see the sidebar on your iPad.
Looks great to me Nil. Lovely and clear to read. X
ReplyDeleteThanks Jules. :)
DeleteIt looks great, Nil.
ReplyDeleteMegπ
Thanks Meg. :)
DeleteLove the fresh simple design, I was thinking of doing something similar.
ReplyDeleteThank you Marlene. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do. :)
DeleteHi Nil
ReplyDeleteIt looks lovely. I have some answers for your readers above: Any subscription will take readers straight to a new post. There, the side bar on the right shows popular posts only. However, if you "zoom out" by clicking on the arrow to the left of the post title, you get to the home page, where posts are listed with images and where all the previous side bar information can be found :-)
Thanks so much Christina. I will edit the post to add your comment, so everyone knows where to find the sidebar. :)
DeleteIt looks good Nil, lovely and fresh. I can't see your sidebar either on my tablet.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nanette. The sidebar appears only on the homepage now. I'm not sure how to fix it.
DeleteI think it looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks Belinda. :)
DeleteHow strange that the old layout suddenly went wonky. Well, this one looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks Priscilla.
DeleteI guess internet gremlins were showing off their handiwork. :)
Your new design looks great. It took me by surprise! Very strange how the format changed-as my mother used to say "It must be the Martians at work once again".
ReplyDeleteThank you Anita.
DeleteI like that saying. :) Yes, could be Martians. :)
Nil, can't see a sidebar on my iPad. I have kept one of the older themes as it gets too tricky for me to change everything around. Too stuck in my ways :-)
ReplyDeleteChel, the sidebar with my followers, favorite blogs etc only shows up on the main page (home page) of the blog. If you go to an individual post, the regular sidebar doesn't appear. I think it's the way this theme/layout works.
DeleteOh my, when something happens to our blog...... The Blog Trolls I say! ,-)
ReplyDeleteYou want a sidebar. And I like mine, on the bottom. :-) Actually I don't have much on my sidebar. And so, it's just a bit on top, and then, that space turns into a long white empty space. So... I go for using the whole blog width, for my words and my photos.
Just me! Each of us can do with out blog, as we choose. And changing my "blog look," is one of the most fun things, for me, about blogging.
✨π✨π✨π✨
Hi wisp of words,
DeleteI like the layout of your blog. It's very simple and easy to read. :) And I agree, changing how it looks is a fun task.
Thank you for reading and commenting. :)
Hey Nil
ReplyDeleteWell done, I love the simpler look. I'm always a bit nervous about doing it but this is really easy to read. Perhaps on a rainy day, if ever, I should have a go as well. Change can be liberating.
DeleteThank you Pauline. π
Nov. 9th
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, for your Congratulations, on our 60th Wedding Anniversary!
Hugs..
✨π✨π✨π✨
Deleteπππ
Your new blog design took me by surprise! I had to look again to see if I was in the right place! It looks good, though! My mother used to say that change was good. :)
ReplyDelete
DeleteThank you Bless. π It's easier for my eyes- black letters on white background, and not too much color. And I made the font size a bit bigger also.
While I have also thought about a redesign on our blog, I have never done it in all the years we've been blogging. That said, Nil, I liked your changes although I too could not see the sidebar but it really didn't bother me as I could read and comment on the posts.
ReplyDeleteThe sidebar only appears on the homepage on this layout, Beatrice. :)
DeleteI like this layout better than the previous one, so I think I'll keep this for several years.