The college is closed on Monday so I was looking forward to a productive long weekend. I was having headaches during the week, and now I have a bad cold.
Fortunately I did grocery shopping before I got sick. Though I was feeling tired, on Saturday I did some work in the garden. I watered plants, sowed seeds, and also planted two Moringa plants that I bought for $ 3.00. Twice I tried and failed to grow Moringa from cuttings. So when I saw Moringa plants for sale at a Habitat Restore, I decided to buy one. The $3 pot had two plants, so I hope at least one will grow.
Mustard greens are growing nicely. I picked several types of greens for sautΓ©ing.
I made an omelet with kathurumurunga (Sesbania grandiflora) flowers.
Katuk (Sauropus androgynous) plants have berries.
I've never seeing hummingbirds in the garden. I'd like to attract them, so I hung several hummingbird feeders. I have two bird feeders with seeds and get lots of beautiful birds. I hope one of these days hummingbirds will also visit the feeders.
Inverted bowl and lampshade are to discourage squirrels and other rodents. π
I've been slowly decluttering rooms. This week I discarded 1 small wicker basket, 1 bagful of old clothes and a broken watering can. I still didn't declutter the bookshelves. My goal is to get rid of 30 items this month. While going through the closet, I found several clothes that needed mending. Altogether now I have 4 items in the mending pile. π
As you see, the week was really unproductive. Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara in the movie Gone with the Wind said, "After all tomorrow is another day."
Results of this week's to-do list:
1) Plant Norfolk pine.
2)Plant seeds.
3) Cut curtain panels for the second window in the spare room.
4)Hang hummingbird feeders.
5) Mend a pair of jeans.
6) Clean two brass containers.
7) Do yoga.
8) Sleep 7 hrs.
2)
3) Cut curtain panels for the second window in the spare room.
4)
5) Mend a pair of jeans.
6) Clean two brass containers.
7) Do yoga.
8) Sleep 7 hrs.
Tasks for the next week:
1) Plant Norfolk pine.
2) Cut curtain panels for the second window in the spare room.
3) Clean two brass containers.
4) Mend a pair of jeans.
5) Do yoga.
6) Sleep 7 hrs.
6) Sleep 7 hrs.
I hope you all have a wonderful week.
XX
Nil
Around here if you leave the hummingbird feeders out a bit they will eventually find them. I always have red hibiscus and those draw them also.
ReplyDeleteI was told red salvia would attract hummingbirds, but I didn't see one yet. Hopefully these feeders will help. π
DeleteTomorrow is another day, you can't help being unwell, I wish you a speedy recovery. I do hope you get the humming birds visit, would love to see them, when we moved here the previous occupants and 5 cats so birds kept away from this garden and it took quite a while for them to come to the bird feeders.
ReplyDeleteThank you Marlene. π
DeleteNil, I find that when I get sick, I will suddenly want all the jobs I've had listed done all at once! It's almost as if my brain refuses to keep time with my body that needs to rest. I have to force myself to be still and to rest. You may not have gotten much done but then your body is telling you that it's not time for that now, it's time to heal. Hope those hummingbirds come soon. MegXx
ReplyDeleteI feel the same Meg. Finally I had to rest today, because I didn't have any energy.
DeleteNil, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a cold. Hope you are able to get over it, soon. Try to rest as much as you can, tomorrow. The work will wait. And, if you have any coriander seeds, don't forget to boil some to drink. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your moringa plants grow well. Your kathurumurunga plant is providing you with lots of colorful flowers! I don't think I've seen the pink flowers - I only remember the white ones.
I hope the hummingbird feeders attract them to your garden. I have some that come to my garden for nectar from the lemon flowers and the bottlebrush flowers.
Thanks Bless. I did make coriander tea with ginger. π
DeleteI also didn't know about pink kathurumurunga until this started flowering.
Nil, I just read another blog and the moringa was being pulled out. LOL! I don't think I have ever seen moringa growing. I hope your headache has improved. I rarely get one but really feel sorry for those who suffer from them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chel, the headache is almost gone. The cold is still there. π
DeleteI have heard tat moringa is very easy to grow, but I guess I have a black thumb when it comes to moringa. LOL
I'm sorry you're sick, Nil and hope you get to feeling better soon. I hope your feeders draw the hummingbirds too, they are so neat to watch. Take Care!
ReplyDeleteThank you Belinda. π
DeleteI hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.:-( Maybe the day off will help you recover faster.
ReplyDeleteThank you Priscilla. π
DeleteI am sorry to read you have been feeling under the weather. Hopefully the hummingbirds will come to your feeders soon. My north side neighbor and I have lots of hummingbird and butterfly friendly plants in our yards so we have lots of activity every day. Those little birds are so feisty! But, endlessly entertaining!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anita. π
DeleteEveryone I know who lives in CA have hummingbirds in their yards. π
We should have hummingbirds here during winter, according to my bird book. Maybe they will come when the weather is a bit cooler.
When your body gets sick, and it tells you to slow down, you have nothing wise to do, but to listen. :-) There is always another day or week.
ReplyDeleteAnd omelet with those flowers, how pretty that must have been!
Don't think I have ever heard of Moringa plants. ,-) Have to look those up.
Listen to your body, and rest, and get all better. So you can go "like-a-house-a-fire" next week!!!!!!
Hugs...
✨✨✨✨
Thank you Wisp of words.π
DeleteI've been resting all day today.
Hi Nil, I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Your plants look so healthy and lush. For some reason I thought that hummingbirds migrated to Mexico at this time of year. I still have them at my feeders. They love the citrus blossoms, pomegranate flowers, and Four O'Clocks.
ReplyDeleteI do have Four O'Clocks, but the pot is very close to the front door. Maybe I'll remove to a more isolated area and see if that attract hummingbirds. I love seeing them, but only saw them once up close in a botanical garden.
DeleteSorrty to read that you were not feeling well, Nil, but glad you had an extra day off from school to rest up. Those flowers were colorful and I wondered what they tasted like in an omelet.
ReplyDeleteThank you Beatrice. I'm almost fine now. :)
DeleteKathurumurunga flowers have a hint of bitterness, but it's not noticeable (at least to me :)) when mixed with onions and scallions.
Hope you are feeling a little better, now, Nil.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bless. Yes, I'm feeling much much better. I took a half day off yesterday, but back to regular hours at work today.
DeleteLove the new look Nil! It's been a while since I popped by with all the move stuff so it's nice to catch up. I hope you are feeling better - i know that feeling of frustration when you want to get stuff done BUT always best to rest and tackle the 'to do' list later. I think you are too hard on yourself at times too...sounds to me like you got plenty done for someone who was sick!
ReplyDeleteTake care and be kind to yourself :)
Thank you Laura. I feel a lot better now.
DeleteI just read your latest post and commented. It's nice to see your posts again and I was wondering how you were doing. π
The leaves and flowers look so pretty! I hope you get hummingbirds. Eventually they will find you! Hope you feel better. Andrea
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea. I'm all well now. :)
Delete