Thursday, November 15, 2018

Look What I Received Yesterday :)

Recently I participated in a Christmas swap organized by The Homemaker's Forum.

My swap partner D preferred a Christmas themed item, so I made two felt ornaments. I searched online for ideas. There are so many beautiful felt creations. I already had red and white felt at home, so I made an angel and a snowman. There are completely handmade. I also added two homemade soaps.

After seeing what other members had created, I started to think that my gift was not pretty enough. But D said she loved it and had already started using one of the soaps. It made me so happy. 😊😊😊

Then yesterday I received D's package. Oh it was lovely. She had made a beautiful hot plate pad with exquisite embroidered flowers. And there was  a knitted washcloth, a bookmark adorned with beads, and a 2019 calendar with photos of Australian wildlife. I was so thrilled! 😊😊😊😊😊😊


I don't know anything about embroidery, so I am amazed to see how delicate and fine the details are. Here's a close-up.


Isn't it beautiful?

You can never have too many bookmarks, especially handmade beauties like this one.


Thank you D! It already feels like Christmas to me. 🎄

Have you participated in craft swap?

XX
Nil



26 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts, both given and received. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely ... what you have received but also what you have given too! I haven't joined in a swap before ... perhaps next year. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like craft swaps and try to participate at less once a year. 😊

      Delete
  3. Both the gifts you made and the ones you received are lovely! I really like that felt snowman you made and the bookmark your friend made.

    I have not participated in a craft swap. It sounds like a fun thing to do, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave and received wonderful gifts. I think my favorite is the bookmark. A pretty bookmark makes reading even that much more of a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Priscilla. After I received this bookmark I decided to make some for my friends. They are very useful.

      Delete
  5. Lovely gifts for you both, such a fun thing to do, I once did a Christmas swap on one of my old blogs, I sent some lovely gifts off but never got anything back, which was a bit naughty. Can anyone around the world join the homemakers forum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that too bad that your swap partners didn't reciprocate, Marlene. That's not nice at all.

      Yes, anyone can join the Homemaker's forum. We have members from all over the world. 😊 I think you will find it a very nice forum.

      Delete
  6. Lovely gifts exchanged on both sides. I have been following the Christmas Swap on the forum and am sure I will be awed by the talented members. I have no crafting talent, so I passed on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, You are very talented. I've seen your knitting. 😊

      Delete
  7. Both swap gifts, are lovely!!!!

    No, never was in swap. But then, I don't do crafting. :-)

    A sweet beginning, to your Holiday Season, and Mood.

    ⛄ ❄ ⛄ ❄ ⛄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wisp of words.
      Yes, it is indeed a sweet beginning to the holiday season. ⛄️

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, such lovely gifts from both of you. I love doing craft swaps, they are so much fun as you never know what you're going to get. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing I love about swaps, Belinda. Waiting to see what I'm going to get. 😀

      Delete
  9. Hi Nil, I love what you made and received. Your new soap molds are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gifts! I love your tree ornaments and soap...you made all so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A successful and happy swap Nil, with lovely gifts shared by each of you. I still have the lovely felt ornaments you sent me in a DTE swap, although they're Christmassy, I have them hanging from cupboard doors and drawers all year, they're so cheery. I'm currently in a Christmas swap, for knitted or crocheted ornaments. Reminds me I must do a blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too still have the bunting you sent me, Nanette.
      Knitted or crocheted ornaments sound very nice. I hope you will write about it soon. 😊

      Delete
  12. What an absolutely gorgeous swap! Both parcels are just lovely.

    I always forget to go into swaps. I did once and it was SO much fun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thank you Emma. 😊
      Yes, swaps are really fun. I hope you will join the Christmas swap next year. 😊

      Delete
  13. Wish I had time for swaps they look really good.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻