Sunday, September 1, 2019

Dorian's path has shifted east! Initially the forecast track was about 100 miles offshore, but now it's about 70 miles. If it continues to keep this path without shifting closer, the west cost of Florida will not experience any hurricane force winds.  I am so relieved. 

Thank you so much for all your prayers and well wishes! 



Things can still change, so I  moved heavy potted plants closer to the back wall where there's cover. Tomorrow I will move smaller plants to the patio. Even if we get rain or strong winds , that won't be until Tuesday afternoon. 

I didn't do anything on my weekly to-do list! Instead, I did some crochet, and spent the majority of the time working on the online course. Because the college is closed on Tuesday, I had to postpone a test and several assignment due dates. I'm sure my students are happy about that. 😊

Last week I showed you a circle I had been crocheting. Stephenie suggested adding a shell border, so I watched a YouTube video and added a border. It's not very neat, because I didn't count the stitches properly.


Then I wanted to make another one, so I can use them as a set of coasters. And like Bless suggested,  perhaps as a Christmas gift. Well, the second one somehow ended up with 14 shells! As you can see the first one only has 9. πŸ˜„ Obviously now I can't gift them. 

I picked up several passion fruits off the ground, and used three to make juice.


I have been reading the latest Bruno book - The Body in the Castle Well.


While writing this post, I saw a tiny frog in my living room! He must have come inside while I had the door opened in the morning. After chasing him, jumping on the sofa and a bit of shrieking later finally the frog left. Whew!

Now it's time for bed. 
Have a wonderful week everyone.


This week's to-do list:
1) Mend a bathrobe. - Not done.
2) Delete/organize Amazon Seller book list. - Not done.
3) Use edging stones to make borders in the backyard. - 
Not done.

Next week's to-do list:
1) Mend a bathrobe.
2) Delete/organize Amazon Seller book list.
3) Use edging stones to make borders in the backyard.

4) Plant beans and bitter gourd seedlings.

XX
Nil


36 comments:

  1. Glad the eye has shifted (that sounds like something from a corny mystery novel πŸ˜‹). I know you said you wanted to use them as coasters, not sure of their size, but I once received something similar- about 3ish inches as a face scrubber with a nice bar of soap. Just an idea. Have a lovely safe weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These coasters are about 6 inches in diameter, Lady locust. Using small ones as face scrubbers is a great idea. An ideal gift with a homemade bar of soap. :)

      Delete
  2. I am glad the eye has shifted also. Now I just hope it turns and blows itself out over the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not even the slightest sign of Doarian here. It left a huge disaster in Bahamas though. :(

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that the course has shifted and the forecast is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that the path of the storm has shifted and you might be able to avoid the worst of it. I like the shell border on the circle! I'm sure your students will be happy with the changed test and assignments due dates! Yum! Fresh passion fruit juice! Hope you continue to stay safe from the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Everything seems completely normal here. I'm so relieved.

      Delete
  5. Such good news,hope the cyclone continues to track away

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally give the coasters as a gift. They don't have to match perfectly. It looks more made-with-love homemade if they don't match.:-)

    The frog made me laugh. They are hard to catch! Glad you were able to shoo him out of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update, Nil and glad to know you and others will escape the hurricane’s path, unfortunately the Bahamas has not been so fortunateπŸ˜•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beatrice. It's heart breaking to see the devastation in the Bahamas.

      Delete
  8. That's a relief that the hurricane shifted. Hopefully it'll stay far enough off the coast to not be too bad along the east coast. I think the shell border on those coasters looks pretty snazzy and I doubt someone would notice a difference in the number of shells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like Florida is going to be fine, Julie. Here it's a beautiful day today. I can't believe there is a hurricane moving along the east coast. The sky is so clear and blue.

      Delete
  9. Hopefully you will not experience too much of the effects of Dorian being on the west coast of Florida. Let us know what your experience was once things have settled down. Your frog story made me laugh! Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't felt a thing so far here, Anita. Not even rain. And the sky is absolutely clear. It's moving really slowly though.

      Delete
  10. I was happy to see the path! Wonderful!

    Even the east coast will not get fully hit.

    Take care, all the same.

    πŸπŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸπŸŒ»πŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nil!
    I'm so glad the hurricane changed its course. Happy day. :)
    Love that you're learning crochet and already thinking of making gifts with your new skill. I have a few free & easy patterns in the right side column on me blog if you run out of good ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toni! I just checked your blog again, and I your doily patterns look easier for a beginner like me. I am going to make one as soon as I have free time. :)

      Delete
  12. Stay safe if you’re near Dorian. It sure seems like no one warned anyone in the Bahamas. The people there seem totally shocked. Kids had even gone to school today in the Bahamas. To think that a place we consider so luxurious, and the people who live there don’t have means to be informed of a hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad to see the destruction caused by the hurricane in the Bahamas. I wonder why they weren't warned.

      Delete
  13. Did you realize your this week's list is a lot like your last week's list? hahahahaha
    Love the coasters. Now you only have to make two more- one with 9 shells and one with 14 shells.
    I am praying the hurricane goes out to sea before a direct hit along the coast.
    Have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee Diana, it's because I didn't do anything on the last week's list. :)
      Let's see if this week is more cooperating.

      Delete
  14. LOL, glad the frog left your home. We had a lizard in one of our bedrooms last week, but we got him out. I'm so glad the storm is shifting. My MIL is in Jacksonville and I know she was worried about it too. Your circle looks good! I wanted to learn that so much this year, but my hand is giving me problems, so not this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jacksonville should be safe, Belinda. But I can understand why your MIL was worried. I was also worried until I saw the hurricane was really turning north, still staying off the east coast. You never know with hurricanes.

      Delete
  15. Hi Nil, so glad to here that you are safe. That shell stitch works great! The border is so pretty. You are catching on so quickly with crocheting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephenie. I’m still learning to read patterns. And your work inspires me. 😊

      Delete
  16. Haha, your crocheting is a bit like mine - creative but sometimes not quite the way we want it! I like the suggestions for a face scrubber and soap gift as then the scrubbers can be individual shapes. Wondering if there's a decorative edge you can do that is continuous son quantity of decorations doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope you had a great week. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would make such a cute set of coasters. Never had fresh passion fruit juice. I bet it's refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Liberty Belle.
      Yes, passion fruit juice is tart and very refreshing, especially during this hot summer. It's one of my favorite fruits. :)

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻