Sunday, September 29, 2019

A not so productive week...



Another week flew by very quickly. 

This week I had no tests to grade, but I spent time making tests for the next two weeks.  Thursday is normally my shortest day at work, and after volunteering at the college food pantry I came home early.  I was planning to do weekly cleaning, and then one or two things on the to-do list. Instead, after dusting and vacuuming I felt very tired. The next day I woke up with a bad cold and a headache. Luckily there were no committee meetings, so I stayed home and rested.  I wasn't in the mood for cooking or eating leftovers, so a friend kindly offered to bring me a burger.

Have you ever tried Impossible burgers? Since I read about Impossible meat made from plants I wanted to try one. We don’t have Impossible ground meat available at stores in this area yet, but Burger King sells Impossible burgers (Whoppers) now.  I rarely eat fast food, and have never made burgers, so my opinion about burgers doesn't have much value. 😊  But, I thought that the Impossible burger tasted just like a regular one. It was too big for me, so I ate half for lunch and the rest for dinner.

The weekend was not very productive. I did make two pillow covers. But I didn't have enough energy to do yard work or make soap. Even now I have a nagging headache.

Pillow covers. I was too lazy to iron them. 😊

It looks like an animal finally discovered the taste of passion fruits. I found a half eaten passion fruit on the ground. I don't know if it was a squirrel or a possum. I hope they will not eat all  and leave me some too. I didn't pay attention to the passion fruit vine until it climbed too high, so netting the vine now is not very easy.  Hopefully we all can share fruits peacefully. 😊

This month I went over budget.... again! I spent 70% of my take home income, though the target is 60-65%. Still this is an improvement, because it was 80% in August and 83% in July. I really want to try to get back to around 60% in October. 

Now I must get off the computer and cook. I baked an eggplant, so I'm going to make this recipe.

Have a great week everyone. 🌼


This week's to-do list:
1) Make 2 pillow covers.
2) Make soap.
3) Weed and fertilize flower beds.
4) Alter a skirt.


Next week's to-do list:
1) Weed and fertilize flower beds.
2) Make soap.

XX
Nil


17 comments:

  1. My daughter recently decided to be vegetarian and she loves those BK impossible burgers-says they taste like a real hamburger. She also likes the fake meat tacos from Del Taco. She says if she could just find a fake chicken nugget and fake chicken pot pie this new lifestyle she is currently trying would be easy.
    I hope you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink lots of water and get some rest. Well wishes friend 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks are like this -the productivity was in allowing yourself to take some down time and rest and get better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks so nice with the raised bed and everything looking so nice and green. Too bad about some animal eating your passion fruits, but, hopefully, they'll leave some for you. Have you tried making mallung with the leaves? Supposed to be very nutritious.

    Your pillow covers look very nice and go well with the sofa upholstery.

    I hope the headache goes away, soon, and you feel better. Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your head improves, theres nothing worse than having a thick head.
    Love the pastel pink cushion covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon.

    I haven't tried the Impossible Burger, I don't eat much meat-like products but I'm glad you enjoy it and hope it's a popular addition to the BK menu. I do like the sound of your eggplant recipe, I'm going to note it down in my recipe binder, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope by the time my comment reaches your inbox you are all better and completely headache free. I love a good burger but I am not keen on meat substitutes. I like it meaty, or veggie. My favourite veggie burger is one made with a slice of halloumi cheese instead of beef mince. I'd be interested to try one of those impossible burgers, I think they are on sale in some grocery shops here in the UK. Wishing you a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were fighting a cold.... Your body "made" you cut back. Your body always knows best. -smile-

    Living in a hot climate, you know your A/C bills will be high, in summer months. What can you do about this? But accept it. (And hope the "Climate Children" do not take your A/C, away from you..... They who do not live in heat.)

    I am all for saving the Earth. But these "Climate Children" are being fed a too-rosy-view. What will they do, without all their clothes/shoes/toys/cell phones/internet... Which are made with fossil fuels????

    πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚πŸ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon. I caught a head cold during the middle of our vacation last week and am still sniffing and have a mild headache. But each day is better. Lots of fluids and sleep as much as your body tells you. Those meat substitute burgers certainly seem to be all the rage now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nil, I think it's very common to feel unproductive when sick; that there are things we should be doing instead of resting. I wonder though whether we are conditioned to try to "soldier on", to keep on working instead of listening to the symptoms that are telling us to rest. I believe our bodies heal faster when we rest so put your feet up, rest your head on one of the lovely pillows you've sewn and perhaps read or just close your eyes. Hope you feel better soon. Meg Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better soon. I've not tried Impossible burgers but I enjoyed some delicious black bean burgers this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you've been ill. My husband and I had the same (sounds the same) bug a few weeks ago. It would go away for a day or so then come back again. Irritating!

    When I mention that my garden produce is being eaten by animals one of my brothers just laughs and says you have to plant enough for yourself and the critters. :)

    Have a great week!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. With hope that this comment, will better explain my previous comment above....

    Please read my latest post........

    Please and thank you...


    ReplyDelete
  14. Your slipcovers look beautiful, Nil. I hope you are feeling better. I've never tried Impossible Burgers. I have a pot of lamb stew simmering on the vintage stove at the moment. It's getting to be that kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been eating only plant based this week. Lots of vegetable soup, salads, baked sweet potatoes, beans and vegetables. I always feel better when I eat this way. I hope the animal who is eating the passion fruit doesn't eat all of it either. You might be able to staple a paper bag over each fruit to keep them away? I hope you feel better and have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ope you will be feeling better soon, Nil. Sometimes we all need to just rest. I have neard of the Impossible burger, but we rarely stop at any of the fast food burger places so most likely I won't be trying it. We do enjoy a burger now and then but from a regular restaurant :-) I liked the pillowcases, even not ironed.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻