| Cinnamon raisin sourdough bread |
I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but this year is going too fast. 😀
The new semester started on 11th. The first week went well, and even the class that had low enrollment now has 29 students. It's going to be a busy semester, because I sometimes have a habit of doing too many things at once. Dean asked me if I can serve on a search committee, and I said yes. Now I'm on two search committees! I don't mind, because one search is for the new campus president position, and it's going to be a new experience for me. On top of that, I signed up to take a 10 week online class on andragogy. So if I complain about how busy I am, please remind me that I brought all this on myself. 😉
Today is a college holiday because it's MLK Day. On Friday I was looking forward to the long weekend, and now it's already over! I was planning to do yard work, but it was too cold for me. So I stayed inside and made several lecture videos, a lab assignment and a couple of quizzes.
I also made a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread using sourdough discard. I used this recipe. I didn't have raisins, so I used chopped prunes. King Arthur recipes are really good.
Take care everyone. Stay safe. 🌻🌻🌻
XXX
Nil
Sounds like you are going to be really busy this semester! How nice to be asked to be on the search committee, though! And that bread looks so delicious! Looks like your sourdough experiment is going well! Hope you have a good week, Nil.
ReplyDeleteYum, your bread looks good. Enjoy your busyness...
ReplyDeleteUsing prunes as a substitute was brilliant. The bread turned out beautifully, and I'm sure it tastes awesome!
ReplyDeletebaking bread is very relaxing and rewarding. Your bread looks moist, I imagine your home smelled wonderful as it was baking. Stay well, and take some time for yourself.
ReplyDeleteI feel for you, I do that sometimes too over commit myself, so I've had to quit and just do what I can and what I love
ReplyDeleteThat bread looks delicious. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly...
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a very busy term ahead of you so please make sure you find some time to relax and take care of 'you'.
ReplyDeleteThe bread looks lovely ... enjoy!
your bread looks delicious Nil. have a good week.
ReplyDeletecheers
sherry
Days off always seem to vanish too quickly. I hope your semester goes well and doesn't get too hectic!
ReplyDeleteYour bread looks very tasty. Good luck with all your projects. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and you can get out in the yard again.
ReplyDeleteNil, obviously your sourdough starter is healthy. Good on you.
ReplyDelete"Andragogy" wasn't in my vocabulary. I always just heard it called "adult education." The word seems to have been invented almost 200 years ago, but I guess its use is mainly by pedagogues, or maybe by andragogues? Well, education specialists.
ReplyDeletebe safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
The year is going too fast! Enjoy your course, it sounds interesting. I should probably do a course like that, all my students are what we call "mature" learners.
ReplyDeleteThat raisin bread with the substitute "raisins" looked delicious, Nil. I agree with your observation that already 2021 is moving along quickly. Glad your course enrollment increased, but it most likely means more prep work for yourself.
ReplyDelete