Thank you all for lovely comments, well wishes and kind words on the last post. I really appreciate them. I had a better, less stressful week. 😊
The rude student has been quiet after a meeting with two administrators. Akasha and Beatrice asked if this was a college student. Yes he is, but sometimes there are adults who act like toddlers. 😕
The sibling drama is also on pause. I'm not sure for how long, but I'm glad everything is quiet for now.
I decided to teach two classes and two labs on campus next fall. That's 50% of my classes. Hopefully by that time I'll be able to get the COVID vaccine. My summer classes are all online. I don't think I'll be able to go to Sri Lanka this summer. Sri Lanka still has travel restrictions due to COVID, and Mom doesn't want me to take long flights yet.
I was able to take one photo for WPSH. This is for #9 Weather conditions. ☂
![]() |
Have a wonderful week everyone. Stay safe.
XXX
Nil

I'm glad things are looking up for you, Nil, although it must be disappointing not being able to visit Sri Lanka this summer.
ReplyDeleteGiven the forecast I think my windscreen will look similar to the one on your photograph today. X
We had a couple of rainy days, and now it’s hot and humid again. That’s Florida weather. 😁 I don’t like to drive on rainy days, but sometimes I can’t avoid it.
DeleteDrive safely in the rain, Jules.
Glad to see that things are a bit better, Nil. Hope it continues to stay that way! I'm sorry you won't be able to go to SL this summer, either. But, hopefully, you'll be able to go next year. That's a great picture for "weather"! Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bless. Yes, I hope next year will be a better one for travel. I miss seeing Mom in person, but at least there are video calls for now.
DeleteI am happy to read things are going better for you. Hopefully life will continue being a bit less stressful. Do you prefer teaching in person to on-line?
ReplyDeleteYes Anita, I prefer teaching in person. If I had to teach online forever, especially Zoom classes , I think I’d find something else to do. 😊
DeleteI'm sorry you won't get to go to Sri Lanka this summer. I do hope you can get the vaccine soon though. I am looking at March o April to get mine. I'll be glad when the time comes. I am glad to hear the sibling drama is on pause for now. And you're right, sometimes college students do not act their age. ugh.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will get the vaccine very soon, Belinda. Our college gives vaccines to staff and faculty, but only if you are over 65. I hope soon they will lower the age limit.
DeleteHi Nil, it was nice to read this post that things have somewhat calmed down for you. Thanks too for the answer to my question about the unruly student and glad there has been some resolution and perhaps a good chiding from the administrators as well. Sorry to read that your family visit will be delayed or postponed, but perhaps things will improve as vaccinations increase.
ReplyDeleteI missed your post prior to this one Nil, I've been a bit quiet these last couple of weeks due to Hubby's surgery and a couple of other things and hadn't checked the reading list on blogger. So pleased for you that anxious times for you have settled down. Hoping vaccinations come your way soon. We aren't expecting our roll out for a few months yet but as there aren't any cases here that just affects travel plans. Take care, Pauline
ReplyDeleteI was wondering! Yes adults do often act like toddlers. Glad things are calming down.
ReplyDeleteHi Nil, It sounds like things are a little less stressful. I am dealing with the same stuff with my brother. I had to give him an ultimatum today. It's draining. Teaching can be very challenging. (especially in this day and age.0
ReplyDelete