Sunday, April 4, 2021

Today (April 4th) is Dad’s 5th death anniversary. Sometimes I feel like he has never left us, and another time my heart breaks when I realize I’ll never get to talk with him, hear his voice again. 

It has been another busy week. I have another stack of applications from another search committee. This time, it’s only 45. I already completed 37, and must finish everything before Tuesday. Because of committee work I couldn’t grade last week’s homework assignments. Sigh. I can’t wait for the end of the semester. One month and 6 days to go. 

We had several cooler days, and some scattered rain. 


The fridge is almost empty, but I didn’t go to the store. I decided to use the stockpile and food in the freezer. Sometimes when I’m overwhelmed with work, I don’t get anything done. On Saturday I could have gone grocery shopping, but instead I sat down on the sofa and spent about 3 hours looking for a crochet pattern! I could have spent that time grading, but I didn’t do that either. I couldn’t find a pattern I like. Then I took a nap, because I felt so drained! How could I feel drained by sitting on a sofa, I can’t understand. However, I woke up all energized, pulled out a skein of yarn and started crocheting a sleeveless top. I’m making it as I go without following a pattern. 

Today I spent all day recording lectures for an online class. Now my eyelids feel so heavy. I should go to bed soon.

Take care everyone. Stay safe.

XXX
Nil



17 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Nil. May you find comfort in the memories of your father and may he attain Nibbana.

    You are so overwhelmingly busy with work! No wonder you felt drained and needed a nap! I'm glad you were able to take at least a short break from reviewing applications and grading homework!

    Your flower pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love. Those memories are so bitter-sweet but I guess we wouldn't be without them.
    Good luck with all the work. Crochet sounds a much nicer choice to me! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you did the right thing - taking a break and having a nap that your body obviously needed.

    Sending {{hugs}} as you remember your Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about your feelings on the anniversary of the passing of your father. Mine died last year and I still miss our daily telephone calls at 11:30am. Good luck with the crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't envy you your hectic life! Now that I am retired I love the way my life is unstructured. Most days I do what I want when I want.💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping the next month and six days goes quickly (but not so quickly you can't get everything done that needs doing). And if you need some lazy couch time to get through this busy semester, then embrace the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is hoping you get all that done before Tuesday, Nil. Only one month and six days to go is pretty good. It will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand what you are feeling about your dad's passing. My father too passed away (in April) and, I often think about him. :(
    Looking forward to see your crocheted top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i did so little over easter. i just felt - depleted. the grey rainy skies didn't help:( hopefully my mojo will return soon.
    take care
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh and sorry about your dad. it's always hard, even tho time helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A death anniversary is difficult and I am sending you a big virtual hug. Maybe it gives you a little comfort. I sometimes have chats with my father in my dreams (19 years after his death). I find it comforting, even knowing it is not real, it feels real.
    Your work sounds relentless, no wonder you are feeling drained. Hang on in there, not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you're exhausted. Easter and your dad's death anniversary are probably emotionally draining. That's great that you are designing your own crocheted top! You are getting so fast with the applications. It sounds a bit overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful that you were close to your father and have warm and loving memories of him, Nil. Take care as you make your way through all of your work.
    Meg Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The anniversary of your father's death was the date that Easter was celebrated here in the U.S. and coincidentally my brother's birthday. I can understand your sadness on this date, Nil, and I feel the same every time the date of my parents death is here, but also for their birthdays, anniversary and other dates. I think it's only human to let those sad feelings come over us and so the fact that you sat on the couch and looked for a pattern and then slept is not surprising to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nil! I just wrote Stephenie and now you to say hi! I quit my blog (sundrops and buttercups) to just live a quieter life. I am fine and healthy and glad to see you are too. So sad because I know you miss your dad. Andrea C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, it’s so nice to hear from you. I’m glad you are doing well. But I’m going to miss seeing your beautiful photos. I wish you a happy and quiet life in your beautiful new home with your loved ones!
      Take care. xxx

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻