We had a very cold weekend. It's not actually very cold compared to the weather up north, but anything below 65 F (~ 18 C) is "very" cold for me. 😊
So I stayed inside most of the time and did some cross stitching, reading and cooking. I hope to finish my cross stitch before this year ends. I think I bought it in either 2009 or 2010. It's time to finally complete it.
I have been reading two books, both for the second time. One is The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach and the other is The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko. The first one I downloaded from the library and the second one I found at a thrift store. I bought three used books and a piece of fabric. The store had a 50% off sale, so the fabric was only $1.50 and paperback books were $0.40.
Here's something else I found at the this store. I wasn't sure what it was, but members at the Homemaker's Forum said it was a soap dish.
I also made food for the entire week as I'm going to be busy at work this week. I tried Kylie's chicken Kiev and also made fish cutlets. Chicken Kiev was so delicious. I used regular breadcrumbs because I didn't have enough almonds. I am planning to make it again for a special meal during Christmas.
All in all it was a relaxing weekend. How was your weekend?
XX
Nil
I also made food for the entire week as I'm going to be busy at work this week. I tried Kylie's chicken Kiev and also made fish cutlets. Chicken Kiev was so delicious. I used regular breadcrumbs because I didn't have enough almonds. I am planning to make it again for a special meal during Christmas.
| Chicken Kiev. |
XX
Nil
What a cute soap dish! You really got a great deal on those books. Those are two of my favorites. Your home cooked meals look delicious! I did a lot of decluttering and deep cleaning over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe Automatic Millionaire is one of the first financial book I read, and it really helped me to prioritize my savings.
DeleteIt's good that you did a lot of decluttering. You are going to start the new year with less unnecessary stuff and a more organized home.
I love your dish Nil. I haven't spent much time on the forum lately- most likely til after new year. I think we had a high of about 27 here today. 65 sounds amazing ❄️☃🌨
ReplyDeleteOh dear, 27 is too cold for me. Even when it's 65 I bundle up. :)
DeleteSome interesting books you have there, I don't read hardly any fiction these days, I much prefer non fiction. Love the soap dish, no more mushy soap. Your food as always looks so very good.
ReplyDeleteI too prefer non fiction, but I do read mysteries. After one or two fictions I must read at least one non fiction, otherwise I feel restless. It sounds weird, but it's true. Hehee.
DeleteWhat an unusual soap dish. I've never seen anything like it. It's supposed to be a high of 45 today where I live in Virginia and a low of 18, brrr!
ReplyDeleteMe neither Priscilla. I had no idea what it was. :)
DeleteTonight the lowest is 45 here. 18 is really really cold. ❄️
That is a very sweet soap dish, Nil. It's lovely to find little useful things like that. I went to a little market last Sunday and there was a lady there selling old fabrics and such. I bought a couple of linen teatowels (for a sewing project I have in mind) and also a piece of fabric for wrapping a xmas gift in using furoshiki folding it should look great. Only cost me a few $. Meg:)
ReplyDeleteYes Meg, I too love finding useful things for less at thrift stores.and I didn't even know there were soap dishes like that.
DeleteI've read about furoshiki folding - I think Chel wrote about it on her blog. wrapping gifts in fabric is a great idea.
I haven't made Chicken Kiev for a long time, yours looks delicious Nil. Wishing you a very special Christmas. Pauline
ReplyDeleteThank you Pauline. Merry Christmas to you too.
Delete