Saturday, December 30, 2017

Back After a Short Break

After more than two weeks of not writing anything, finally I am back in the mood for blogging. I think my brain and body needed a complete relaxation. I was planning to do a lot of things during my break, but somehow I was not in a mood to do many things on my to-do list. Surprisingly I don't feel bad about it  at all.

I read several books and tried to minimize my time online. I bought two books just before Christmas. I rarely buy new books, and these are the only two I bought this year.

My Christmas gifts to myself. :)

I finished making curtains for my bedroom. That's the only thing that I ticked off of my to-do list.


I did a lot of cooking as well. Cooking really relaxes me - especially when I make one of my favorites, or something entirely new.

Lamb stew - one of my favorites.
I went out for lunch and dinner with friends a couple of times. I will be back at work next week. Once I came out of my 'don't want to do anything' mood I have been preparing for the new semester. I should be able to finish all paper work by tomorrow.

One more day and then it's 2018! I can't believe how fast the time flies.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

XX
Nil


14 comments:

  1. I agree you should never worry about not feeling like doing anything we all need a break sometimes. The books look interesting, are you thinking of keeping chickens?
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to have chickens, but it's a long term goal. So I thought I'd better start learning about chickens now. :)

      Delete
  2. Nil, I see you have Sarah's book. That should be a really good read and you will learn lots. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Chel.
      Yes, Sarah's book is so interesting, I'm learning a lot.

      Delete
  3. It's good you were able to relax and decide not to do very much Nil, I'm sure your working life is busy enough. Wishing you all the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanette. Happy New Year to you !
      I hope your Bollywood quilt is coming along well.

      Delete
  4. Great book! Glad you were able to "defuse" for a while. I think we all need that sometimes. Happy New Years 🍷🎉❄️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nil, I totally understand about needing to take a break. I felt the same way. It's healthy to recharge and relax. I used to have chickens. I love them. They are surprisingly easy pets, and they are so smart! Your curtains flow so beautifully. It's great to read your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephenie.
      Actually I do feel all recharged now after the little break. :)

      Delete
  6. If you don't feel bad about taking a break, then surely that means you NEEDED a break. Welcome back.:-) I hope you are eventually able to get chickens. Fresh eggs are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Priscilla I think I really needed a break. I feel a lot better now. :)

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻