This is something my mom often makes. She prefers using fresh fish, but I use canned fish (sardine) because its readily available.
3 medium size potatoes, boiled
375g fish steamed ( I used 3 cans of sardine)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 inch piece of ginger finely chopped
4 sprigs of curry leaves finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of coconut oil and more for deep frying
2 egg whites
1 cup of bread crumbs
Mash boiled potatoes and mix with flaked fish. Add chopped onions, ginger, curry leaves, salt and pepper.
Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan. Add the mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Though potatoes and fish are already cooked, cooking in coconut oil gives it a nice flavor.
Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Let the mixture cool. Make balls using both palms. I like about one inch diameter balls, but you can make it bigger.
After a lot of taste testing, I had enough mixture to make 21 balls. 😃
Dip each cutlet in egg white and then in bread crumbs. Make sure cutlets are coated well.
Heat coconut oil in a small pan for deep frying. Add cutlets without over crowding and fry until golden.
Serve hot.
| Fish cutlets. |
Those are beautiful. I'm not much of a fish eater, but my mom used to make us breaded veal cutlets. They were delicious with a squeeze of fresh lemon. I thought of you, because I had my fence replaced over the weekend. I know you are planning to do yours, too.
ReplyDeleteI like fish though I don't eat fish very often.
DeleteI'm glad you got the fence done. I still have to find the total cost for the fence. It is going to be a bit expensive because it is a long one.
I must make some of these, Nil. I have all the ingredients. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome Chel. I hope you will enjoy it. :)
Delete