There's only a few hours left in 2017. I feel that the year went so fast. Looking back, 2017 has been a good year. In 2017 I became a homeowner, started a garden and mainly worked on sprucing up the home. As long as my family and friends are happy and in good health the year is a success for me.
In 2018 I look forward to continuing my simple life style. I have several specific goals in mind. Following the steps of Priscilla at Minimalist Granny I set some of my goals for a short amount of time. I hope this will help me focus better because my last resolution of "doing yoga this year" didn't work at all.
So here are my goals for the first six months of 2018.
Personal
1) Do yoga every Friday in January for 30 minutes.
Home
1) Finish flooring in the living room by March 31.
2) Make curtains for the kitchen and living room by March 31.
Garden
1) Install the side fence by May 31.
Financial
1) Increase retirement contributions by 1% ( I have already set this up to start in January)
2) Continue regular savings.
I wish you all a very prosperous 2018! May this new year bring you and your loved ones good health and happiness !
XX
Nil
Happy New Year to you too, Nil. I hope you achieve your goals this year. I love seeing how you are making your new house a comfy home. It is not easy to find the time to do everything you want to when you are working full time so it has to be little bit by little bit.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for 2018.x
ReplyDeleteA Happy New Year Nil. It's been lovely to have discovered your blog this year. X
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Nil. I'm sure you will reach your goals this year. You are so disciplined. Glad to hear you are doing yoga.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you Nil. Sounds like achievable goals -good luck.
ReplyDeleteGreat list Nil. Happy New Year! (And thank you as I like minimalist granny but wasn't following so forgot, now off to see what I've missed 😉)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you! Looks like you have really clear goals in mind:) We have a few bigger projects that need doing at our place this year too. I haven't set a timeline as you have and perhaps I should so that the year doesn't slip away from me. Last year seemed to fly! Meg:)
ReplyDeleteHey, I got mentioned on your blog! I'm so flattered!:-) Your goals are ambitious, especially the fence, but I think they're doable for someone so focused as you are. Good luck with them!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR!!
ReplyDeleteI like your list for the year, I hope you achieve them all.
I am enjoying Minimalist Granny, will spend some time over there I think...
Thank you for being a regular visitor to my blog :)
xTania
All the best for 2018 and hope all your goals are met. I am using the coasters, there one on each surface where my tea mug gets plonked.
ReplyDelete