Monday, July 30, 2018

The End of Another Month & Checking Progress

One more day and then July is over. It's been almost three weeks since I returned from my summer vacation. I looked back at the goals set for the last 6 months of this year. Checking goals often keeps me on track.
These are my goals and the progress so far.


Home
1) Install plantation shutters in two more rooms. - In progress. I found two shutters for the study and I'm  working on cutting it to fit the window.
2) Install additional cupboards in the kitchen. - In progress. I still didn't start the big project (installing more wall cupboards). But I found a cupboard that fits the space near the back door. It need a coat of paint.
3) Sell unwanted items on Craigslist or have a yard sale. - Not done.
4) Buy a sofa. - I'm still searching. Decided not to buy an IKEA sofa. I visited several furniture stores, but didn't find one yet.


Garden
1) Install the side fence. - Not done.
2) Create a flower bed in the front yard and a section for edible weeds in the back yard. - Flower bed in the front yard is done. I added a boarder and also repotted several plants in bigger pots. Didn't start the edible weed garden yet.
3) Add hummingbird feeders. - I have feeders, but didn't hang them yet.


Financial
1) Max out Roth IRA for 2018. - In progress
2) Continue monthly mortgage principal payments. - In progress
3) Rearrange savings accounts to maximize the interest earned. - I opened a Capitol One  money market account to earn  higher interest. I combined money from several different Capitol One savings accounts to open the money market account to get the required minimum balance.  At the moment it offers 1.75% APY compared to 1% APY offered on their savings accounts.
3) Make a will and a health care directive. - Not done
4) Discuss with HR at work about having Vanguard as an option for the employer sponsored plan. - Not done.

My personal goals are not going well.

Personal
1) Start doing 30 minutes of yoga on Fridays (or walking.) - Not exactly 30 minutes, but I started exercising. Definitely need to improve here.
2) Learn a new skill, specifically soap making. - Not done
3) Spend not more than 2 hours/day online, especially on week days. - Hahahaaaa  While I'm at home this is not going to happen.
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep. - Surprisingly this is going well.... so far...

This week I will
1) work on plantation shutters.
2) keep searching for a sofa.
3) send an email to HR about Vanguard retirement plans.
4) exercise.
5) buy coconut oil for soap making.
6) sleep at least 7 hours.


XX
Nil



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating us on your goal progress. You sound busy, so I'm impressed that you are getting enough sleep. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla. I'm trying to get a lot done before going back to work. 😊

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about spending 2 hours online only, which can be hard when you are home all day. I do several things and then take a break online and do that all day long. LOL You have a great goal list. I need to start doing that each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like making lists and checking them off.
      I think once I go back to work, my online time will go down. But while at home, I'm hopeless. LOL

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you are very self directed. Wring down goals is so effective. I hope you reach all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Well you are still busy with your goals! Many times when I make goals, I tend to just erase them (drop them)....ha... I just received the new IKEA catalog in the mail today. Those sofas do need work to get them together. I've had a few and my kids have also. When my husband is done finishing off a rec room, I'm going to order one from Costco. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Costco to check what they have, and at that store they only had leather ones. I don't like leather sofas.
      Do you know if IKEA uses real wood, or is it particle board? I couldn't find that information on their website.

      Delete
  5. Excellent goals, Nil! You've made a lot of progress on some and there are 5 more months to work on the others! Glad to hear that you are sleeping well. (It's 3:00 a.m., here, and I am still up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are enjoying your retirement Bless. You are allowed to sleep whenever you want. Heheee 😀

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻