Friday, August 28, 2020

How I Created Tabs on Homepage

 The other day Pauline asked me how I added the tabs at the top of my homepage. The ones for Home, About Me, Recipes etc. These tabs are created as pages.

This is how I made them. 

First I added a gadget called Pages as a Cross-Column. To do this, go to Layout on the left navigation menu, and click 'Add a Gadget'. A pop up window will show you a list of gadgets. Choose Pages. Once it appears on the layout you can move it around. I use it as a Cross-Column, so it appears as a horizontal bar on my homepage.

Then create a page for each tab. As an example, I created a page titled Test. Remember to publish the page. It won't appear on your blog yet.

Then go to Layout again, and edit the Cross-Column with the Pages gadget.


A pop-up window will show you all the pages you have. You can add, delete and re-arrange the order of the pages. You can see all my pages - Home, About me, Recipes etc. - in the screenshot below.


After you add the page to the layout, you can preview, make any changes if necessary, and click save.



Done! ๐Ÿ˜Š
I hope the steps are clear. 


XXX

Nil





8 comments:

  1. Thanks Nil! You are such a good teacher. Your instructions are very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the instructions! Very helpful! I had been thinking of adding my weekly cleaning routine as a tab, just for my own easy reference for copying and pasting. I might try to do that, with your instructions to guide me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice of you to help fellow bloggers out.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tabs, they help to keep your blog organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank goodness my hubby does this sort of thing for me:-) I used to have these tabs till i swapped to picture view in blogger. and it didn't like them. but they're on the side now, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nil, I really should add a couple of tabs to my blog and maybe this week will try it following your clear instructions here. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nil. I am going to be doing this before long to keep up with my weekly projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nil, thanks so much for this. Your instructions look very clear so I just hope I can follow them. One of the many reasons I started blogging was to keep the technical side of my brain challenged, and this is an example of that. I'll be in touch as to how I go and hopefully within a couple of weeks you will see some changes, I really appreciate your help. Best wishes, Pauline

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

๐ŸŒป Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. ๐ŸŒป