Spring break is over, and I'm back at work. It was not an ideal spring break, but it could have been worse. So, no complaints. 😊
I'm taking a short break from work right now. I have to go through over 140 applications and fill out a score sheet in 5 days. I just completed the 18th application.
The only fun thing I did during this break was going to the thrift store. I bought a big bag full of yarn, for $25. I also bought a book, but only read one chapter so far.
There's a new pineapple coming up. And more eggplants.
March 21st was Dad's birthday. He would have been 74. In his memory, I made a donation to a charity. I also sent money to my sister. She is planning to make a donation to a hospital on Dad's 5th death anniversary in April. Because of COVID we decided not to have an almsgiving at home.
Today I noticed a swarm of honeybees in the yard.
It really scared me, but members of a regional gardening group said bees would move to another location in several days. A local beekeeper offered to remove it, and I will ask her to take it if the hive starts getting big. It's on a branch of neighbor's citrus tree, over the fence on my side.
OK, I think I should go back to the stack of applications. Sigh!
Take care, everyone. Stay safe.
XXX
Nil



Hi Nil, You are such a hard worker. That's quite a stack of applications. I am so impressed with your pineapples. I need to try growing them. Those bees are amazing. I had a bunch in my yard one time, and they just left on their own.
ReplyDeleteIt was good of you to remember your father's birthday and upcoming death anniversary with donations, Nil. My father's birthday is also this month (towards the end of the month).
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting through that stack of applications!
By the way, I have a copy of that book! :)
May your dad rest in peace. I would be scared of the bees, too, but I have read that a swarm is different than a hive. If it's an actual swarm, they aren't as dangerous. It means a group of bees are breaking off from the mother hive to look for a new home.
ReplyDeleteAh yes, applications.... not looking forward to ours! It is good to treat yourself to regular breaks and do something fun. My dad's birthday is next week, he would have been 79. What a nice idea to donate to a charity in your dad's memory. I think I'll do that, too. Have a good week, hopefully those applications are done soon x
ReplyDeleteYikes on the bees! Very nice of the local bee keeper to offer to remove it. Your pineapple is so neat. And the bird at the feeder is lovely. I hope you are doing well, Nil.
ReplyDeleteAs long as the bees are not africanized bees it will be wonderful if they hive near your home. Your garden will be so much happier and prolific! I have not seen bees swarming here lately.
ReplyDeleteI hope your week continues to be a good week, in spite of the applications!
You are very busy so please remember to take care of yourself. I hope you can complete your work on the applications in good time.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the bees!
Good luck
I think I might try a pineapple someday. Let us know what happens with the bees. My neighbor had a swarm a few years ago and it left without any problems. I hope you are continuing to make progress in the stack of applications.
ReplyDeleteWow, Nil, that certainly is a pile of applications to get through and good that you do take breaks in between. How nice it will be to have your own fresh pineapple, one of my husband's favorites. The idea of donating to a charity in your late father's name is a good idea. Yikes on that bee hive and hope it moves along within the next few days as you were told.
ReplyDelete