Several months ago I started making a simple dress. I used to sew dresses back when I was an undergrad. But, I didn't make any dresses after moving to the United States.
Finally, I completed my first dress in many many years.
This is a very simple pattern. I used an old dress to make this pattern on a newspaper.
Last week I watched this Milk Street episode on YouTube. It really inspired me to use Miso, which I hadn't used before. I bought both red and white Miso, and tried several new recipes.
I made both salad dressing and roasted cauliflower recipes shown in the video, and also miso soup ( a combination of several recipes on internet). They all came out really well.
| Miso soup |
| Roasted cauliflower with red miso glaze |
I think Blogger doesn't let me comment on some blogs. After I came out of my blog hibernation, I went on commenting and wishing everyone happy New Year on all the blogs I read. But I saw only a couple of them published. I know some bloggers moderate comments, but my comments didn't even appear on the blogs that do not moderate their comments.
This morning when I tried commenting on Belinda's blog, this error appeared.
I cleared cookies but I don't think that helped.
Does anyone else have this problem? Or know a solution?
Have a wonderful week everyone. Stay safe. 🌹🌹🌹
XXX
Nil
The dress is beautiful, Nil, and I love that fabric, such a pretty shade of blue. I’m sorry you’re having trouble commenting on my blog. I’m not sure what the problem is, but if I hear of anything, I will be sure to let you know. Thank you for letting me know.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dress, Nil! Lovely fabric and what a bargain! I'm sure you'll find some other use for the remaining fabric - quilt, pillow cases, cushion covers, etc. :)
ReplyDeleteI must show your miso dishes to my daughter as she likes to use miso when she cooks. As for the blog problems, so far, I've been able to comment; hopefully, the error will correct itself!
Nil I love the dress. I have noticed I couldn't comment on a couple of blogs too.I thought it was just me 🤔
ReplyDeleteI love the dress! It looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteBlogger seems to have a mind of its own!
I've seen that error message, but I haven't a clue what causes it. I have much more trouble on the iPad than I have on the laptop or desktop computers. Like you, I have not sewed anything in many years, but I'm probably not going to start again.
ReplyDeletebest... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
I love the dress --very nice fabric -- what a bargain. I often have that problem--its so frustrating when you really want to comment and the comment disappears. I always enjoy your blog its a favourite of mine - I like your recipes, your thrift finds and hearing about your plants.
ReplyDeleteI love that dress. Maybe you could make a top or a skirt with the rest of the fabric. Depending on what you team them with, the pattern might look quite different.
ReplyDeletexx
I've had problems commenting from time to time but have never seen the fault message you've shown. Each time the problem lasted for a few days and then resolved itself so I can't offer any advise on how to fix it.
ReplyDeleteI love your new dress.
The dress looks beautiful 😀! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe dress is pretty! I've had blog comment problems, too. I suspect it's an upgrade issue that'll be solved with time, but we'll see!
ReplyDeleteYour dress is lovely. I watch Milk Street shows once in a while and find them very interesting.
ReplyDeleteThe dress looks lovely, Nil, and perhaps you could make a shirt or blouse with the remaining fabric. Unfortunately I am not talented in the sewing area and so admire those who can make an item of clothing. I did receive you comment on my blog and it was nice to find it. I hope you also have a good 2022.
ReplyDeleteYour dress looks great, Nil. I think it's always really important to have skills like sewing where you can make things for yourself. Great bargain on the fabric too!
ReplyDeleteI haven't had any problems, so far, with commenting.
MegXx
Your dress is beautiful, Nil. And I love the fabric. X
ReplyDeleteI got you comment, Nil. Your dress looks spectacular! It fits you perfectly.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog
ReplyDeletelove your dress - it's fabulous. I love miso and i've just bought a bottle of miso hot sauce. so much flavour and heat - yum. have a good year!
ReplyDeletecheers!
I love the dress- the material and the sale is very flattering. I too sometimes have issues with comments on blogger. They just won't go through.
ReplyDeleteYou've stitched it beautifully and I like the fabric too.
ReplyDelete