Last week I got a new vanity light for my bathroom. I found it on the discount shelf at Home Depot. It's LED, just like the ceiling light.
| Before |
| After |
I'm thinking of painting the bathroom. I really want to paint the entire interior of the house, but I think it's better to start small. 😊 It's hard to pick a color though. There are so many options.
I partially solved the problem I had with commenting on blogs (I think...). It seems that I have that problem with some blogs, and only when I use my iPad. I can comment on these blogs using a laptop. I have no clue what the reason is, but from now on I’ll use the laptop for commenting. 😊
Here's something I learned last week. How to properly clean my Dyson vacuum cleaner. Hehee 😄
I thought I knew how to clean my Dyson vacuum cleaner. After every use, I’d empty the canister, clean the filter and remove any debris stuck in the cleaner head. However, recently I learned that I wasn’t doing it properly. I didn’t even know that you could remove parts of the cleaner head for proper cleaning.
It seemed the suction power was less, so I looked up trouble shooting tips on YouTube. I found this video that explains how to clean the model I have. So finally I cleaned the vacuum cleaner properly. I think now it performs much better.
I have been neglecting the yard for a long while now. Finally on Saturday I weeded the flowerbed in the front yard. There's only one flower bed there, and I can't even maintain it properly. 😑
Spring semester started today. I workload is identical to the last semester - I have 8 classes. Four face-to-face, and four fully online. I'm glad to be back at work. Today we received a pack of KN95 masks from the college.
I decided to make weekly to-do lists again. So, here's my list for this week:
- Re-pot and ferlize geraniums.
- Harvest purple yam.
- Sow winged bean seeds.
- Measure sofa dimensions for re-uphostering.
- Iron clothes.
Take care everyone. Stay safe! 🌻🌻🌻
XXX
Nil
How nice to see a post from you, Nil. Love that you have a To Do list all ready to go. I need to get one going again.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful, blessed week- xo Diana
Thank you Diana. :)
DeleteLast year I didn't do lists, and I felt my year was not very productive. So, I'm back to making lists. :)
Hi Nil! Now following you!! That new vanity light is awesome - you have inspired me to run to Home Depot to check them out. Mine is so old and dated! Have a great week! HUGS
ReplyDeleteThank you for following and commenting, Ann.
DeleteI hope you will able able to find the discounted vanity light at Home Depot. :)
I like the new light. yes start small on the painting otherwise its overwhelming. WE have to oil the outside of our house this year, we will. be doing it in sections
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a big job, Bridget.
DeleteThe bathroom looks nice with the new light fixture. Choosing a paint color is difficult, isn't it? Too many colors to choose from! Sounds like you'll be busy with this semester's classes! I'm glad the college supplied you with the masks. Please stay safe!
ReplyDeleteThank you Bless.
DeleteWe were told that we could use a KN95 mask up to 40 hrs and there's a good supply for the faculty. I got my booster shot as well, so I think I'll be ok. :)
That's a lovely light - modern and 'sleek'. I really like it.
ReplyDeletexx
Thank you Joy.
DeleteI'm not usually one to like modern and sleek stuff, but I bought it because it goes well with the existing ceiling light, and was not very expensive. Hehee
I like your new sink light. I agree - selecting a paint color is overwhelming. It sounds like you have a very full semester.
ReplyDeleteI'm used to this workload now, Anita. I've been teaching 8 classes (7 different courses) for years now. I'm so happy to have face-to-face classes again.
DeleteI do like your new bathroom light. Did you fit it yourself? Good luck with the decorating when you get round to it ... I like the choosing the colour stage best, rather than the actual painting part! xx
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine fixed the light for me, Eileen.
DeleteI've never painted a room by myself, so I'm actually looking forward to paint the bathroom. But I don't think I'll do larger rooms. :)
Hello! Your new light is lovely! Yes. Painting is a commitment. Have a cozy evening!
ReplyDeleteThank you Billie Jo. :)
DeleteIt was nice to see you popped by my blog. Blogspot has been quirky with commenting in the past few days I have noticed. The other day my comment kept disappearing in the middle of typing them. I gave up.
ReplyDeleteThe light fixture is a really nice upgrade. Good luck with choosing a color. Whatever color you choose, be sure and choose a finish of at least eggshell or shinier, as flat paint will show every water spot. Ask me how I know. ;-)
I plan to use gloss paint because I think it is easier to clean. But I didn't know that flat paints showed water spots. Thanks Susanne. :)
Deletethat's interesting about the dyson. we have one too. must check it out ... Yes so many colours. i always think a pale green or blue is great for a bathroom. Happy new year! (I can only comment on my laptop too).
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too!
DeleteThe colors I picked so far are in those shades, Sherry. :)
I have a Dyson and always find it tricky to empty it and clean it. Good luck with the painting of your bathroom, we have a lot of pale blue in our home, and I believe it's the popular colour this year. That's lucky :) 8 classes will keep you very busy Nil,it must be tricky wearing masks when you are teaching, however that's the norm now unfortunately.I only ever comment on my laptop. Take care, Pauline
ReplyDeleteYes, Pauline. It's tricky to clean a Dyson. I had to watch the video a couple of times to remember how to open different parts.
DeleteI like cool colors, like shades of blue. Didn't know it was the color of 2022. :)
Your new light is very nice, Nil, and good luck with the painting project. You are right about the number of choices available. When we were homeowners, our bathroom color preference was a light turquoise. I find it hard to leave comments when reading them on my tablet, just because I make so many tying mistakes. GOod luck on the new semester and making progress with your lists once again.
ReplyDeleteThank you Beatrice.
DeleteI still can't comment on some blogs using Ipad, and I'm not sure why. I like using it because it's more convenient.
You are such a busy bee! I love how industrious you are. That's interesting about the ipad. Glad you figured it out. I need to clean my Shark vacuum, too.
ReplyDeleteOh, Stephenie. I feel so unproductive these days. Especially last year was stressful.
DeleteI think cleaning helps vacuum cleaner to last longer.