It's been over a month since I bought the house, but I have been busy tiling, packing and moving. So the yard has been neglected for a while.
Soon I have to mow, but meanwhile it's full of wild flowers, bees and butterflies.
 |
| I'm not sure what these are, but these white flowers attract a lot of bees and butterflies. |
 |
| Another unknown weed with pink flowers. |
 |
| This Staghorn fern hangs from a large Oak tree in the backyard. |
 |
| Lantana |
I repotted two little lemon plants and an avocado plant. Once I clean the yard, I will plant them along the fence.
It's nice to have a big back yard, but I miss the mama duck who laid eggs on my balcony just before I moved out.
 |
| I really wanted to see how she is going to carry her chicks 4 floors down. |
Wild flowers, bees, butterflies sounds like you have the perfect environment. The wildflowers look lovely, beautiful colours. I also potted a small lemon tree over the weekend. I may leave it in the pot (quite a large one). Mum and Dad always had their tree in a large pot and it was enough for them.
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering how you were going with the inside of the house etc. You've moved in at a good time with the weather and that lovely garden of yours. I'm so happy you are enjoying it all.
Kylie
There's a lot to do inside Kylie, because I have mostly weekends it's been a slow progress. :)
Deleteoh to have your own lemons is the best thing ever(well almost) You are going to enjoy your garden so much this summer xx
ReplyDeleteLemon and grapefruit are my favorites.
DeleteSounds lovely. I'd have that lantana out fairly swiftly as it's a quick spreading pest. Lemon trees grow well in hen yards as they survive the acidity of the hen manure, especially if you have sawdust or straw covering in the yard to buffer the absorption of it into the ground.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I read about lantana, Robyn. I plan to remove them, but I do like those flowers. :)
DeleteYou are going to really enjoy your garden I can tell. That is really amazing to think that the duck laid eggs on your balcony. A shame you had to miss the action :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new place. Seeing what you did w/ small patios, I can hardly wait to see what you do with a whole yard! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely, and love the weed flowers, unfortunate that they are such a problem.
ReplyDelete