I had a busy weekend. Because this is my last week of the vacation, I had several invitations from friends for lunch and dinner. I met some of these friends when we were 13 years old and we were together in school and then later on at the university. Every time I come home, we find time to meet. I always feel so lucky to have good friends who have been with me all this time.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I shortened a skirt given to me by mom. I like its colors and the pattern.
I also made this table mat. It's made from an old top that my youngest sister discarded. I cut it into a single strip, then divided it into three pieces. Then I braided the three pieces, and connected the braid by hand stitching it into a circle. I thought mom or sister could use it, but they didn't. So I'm taking it with me. I can use it in the kitchen.
I helped mom make a porridge. She used different types of greens gathered from the yard, a handful of rice, a clove of garlic, ginger, water, coconut milk and salt for this one.
| A mix of greens: Polpala (Aerva lanata) and Welpenela (Cardiospermum halicacabum ) in the stone mortar. |
This porridge is normally served with a piece of jaggery, but I like it unsweetened.
Hi Nil, Old friends are treasures. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Your post makes me want to plant some greens. I usually grow them during the cooler season.
ReplyDeleteFriends like that are so special. I'm sure there was a lot of reminiscing and laughter. Friends for life.
ReplyDeleteI really like the colour of your table mat. You are so clever firstly to come up with the ideas and then make something beautiful and useful out of it. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Kylie
I like the colours and pattern of your skirt too, it turned out well. You'll miss your family and friends when you return home, it sounds like you've had a great holiday.
ReplyDelete