Friday, July 21, 2017

The Vacation is Almost Over

I have only a day left in my vacation. How fast the time flies!
I'm torn between wanting to stay longer and going back to resume the house work.  I keep telling myself and mom that it's only 10 months till the next vacation.

The other day mom made hoppers. It's made from a batter of fermented rice flour and coconut milk. As I was writing this I remembered reading an article about the popularity of hoppers in England and found it to link here.

Hoppers have a soft center and a crispy edge.

Sometimes mom makes egg hoppers.  After the hopper is almost done, she breaks an egg into the center, close the lid and cook until the egg is half-cooked. She didn't make egg hoppers this time, and we had plain hoppers, fish curry and onion sambal for dinner.

Homemade hoppers.

Our bathroom tank was not working properly, so yesterday I went to a hardware store and bought a ball valve to fix it. I was able to install it, but still water was overflowing. Today a friend came and fixed it for me. It's very hard to find reliable tradesmen here. Because dad could fix almost everything around the house, we never needed plumbers back then. Now it takes so much time even to find  someone, let alone a trustworthy one. I'm so thankful for my friend.

Now it's time to pack my bag.
I will meet you again sometime next week. 😊 ✈


5 comments:

  1. I love hoppers, both egg and plain with a curry. I always had to remember to order them the night before if I wanted them, so they had them ready in time for breakfast. Have a safe journey home, you will miss your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found someone trustworthy to fix the toilet, Nil. Those contacts are so important when you own a home. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you and your vacation coming to an end. Once you get home and back into things those ten months will be up before you know it. Travel safe xx.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me Nil, your vacation went quickly. Have a safe trip back to your little house. You will have some more happy memories of your time spent with your mum, sister and friends.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻