Friday, July 28, 2017

Back to Home Routines

I'm back from a long vacation with my family. Because I left soon after moving into the new house, in addition to basic cleaning and dusting I still have several repairs to do.

It didn't help at all when I accidentally left a tap running in the bathroom. 😭  It flooded both the bathroom and the library, so I spent two days drying out the rooms using a dehumidifier. Then the normal house keeping tasks began.


I was running low on laundry liquid, so I made another 10 liter batch.
Two bottles of homemade laundry liquid.

Malabar spinach has grown well while I was away. I picked more than two kilos of spinach and also saved seeds to plant more.
Home grown Malabar spinach.

Today I made a chicken pot pie. This is the first time I made it and I'm really happy that it turned out well. I made the pie crust using a gluten free flour mix.
Chicken pot pie filling with celery, carrots and onions.

For lunch I had a piece with sautéed spinach.

My first chicken pot pie.

It's Friday evening now and I have a weekend full of paperwork ahead. I will do a bit of gardening and catch up on my blog reading  as well.

I hope you all have a great weekend.




14 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Nil. Sorry to hear about the water issue. I guess it could have been worse. Your spinach and chicken pot pie look delicious! Glad to hear you are enjoying your home and domestic activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephenie.
      I do enjoy domestic activities. It's so satisfying to make things at home - cooking, growing veggies, sewing.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nil, I hope those rooms dry out properly. It's very interesting reading about your domestic tasks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda, thank you.
      Yes, finally the rooms are dry. I was worried because the baseboards and bottom of the bookshelves all got wet.

      Delete
  3. Wow that's a lot of spinach. What a pleasant surprise. I'm sorry to hear about the flood, not fun.
    Welcome home.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back home, Nil. I am sure you had a wonderful time with your mum. Glad there wasn't permanent damage from the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your disaster. Spinach is delicious one of my favourite things, so full of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog Marlene.
      Your blog is full useful information. You have a new follower. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness, sorry to hear about the water. But your spinach looks so hearty and healthy and delicious, one of my favorite vegetables!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. I use spinach in all sort of things - omelets, soups, veggie pies. :)

      Delete
  7. Pie looks delightful, hope the flooded rooms did dry out successfully.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻