Yesterday I went shopping with mom. She wanted to buy milk powder, chickpeas and sugar, and I wanted to buy a couple of black pants for work. I have only two pairs of black plants, so I thought I should buy one or two if I see good ones. Unfortunately, here the fashion is now pants with skinny legs, so I couldn't find the style I want.
I should have come home without buying anything else, but I bought two tops and a skirt. I can wear these for work. I spent approximately $48 for all three. I mainly buy clothes suitable for work, and when they are too old I wear them at home. I don't buy clothes just to wear at home. Because I wash most tops by hand and air dry, they last a long time. So I went to buy pants, and spent money on other things. Ha! But not bad considering this is the only amount I paid for clothes within the last year.
I've been slowly completing my cross stitch. I don't think I will be able to finish it before my vacation ends, but I'm really happy with the progress.
I've been slowly completing my cross stitch. I don't think I will be able to finish it before my vacation ends, but I'm really happy with the progress.
Today I mended one of my sister's underskirts. It needed re-hemming unravelled lace. It's an otherwise good skirt, so sister will able to use it for a long while. I like mending clothes - adding or fixing a button or a zipper, re-hemming, and simple sewing can extend the life of clothes.
Mom was re-organizing her wardrobe and found a skirt that she doesn't wear any more. She asked me if I wanted it. It was too long for me, so using one of my skirts as a guide, I cut about 3 inches off. I still have to sew the hem and then I will have another new to me skirt. 😊
It sounds like you're having such a nice time at home with your family. I really like the colours in the skirt you bought, and look forward to seeing the new skirt you've made from your mum's old one.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nanette. :) I will post a photo of my new skirt soon.
DeleteYour cross stitch looks beautiful. The new clothes are pretty, too. I love mending and making alterations. It sounds like you take good care of your things.
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephenie. I love sewing & cross stitching, it's like meditation to me.
DeleteYou are getting so close to completion of your cross stitch now and it looks lovely. Are you going to frame it once complete?
ReplyDeleteAs far as clothes go I did buy a hood pair of leggings and long cardigan a few weeks ago which were on sale and I really needed something to wear out and about. I am mainly at home, in the yard or cooking so just live in my old comfy clothes which I've had for years. I'm not a big clothes shopper and never have been. Shoes are the same. One pair of good black shoes, sports shoes which I wear daily and my favourite are my gumboots.
What a great vacation you've been having with your Mum. Enjoy it right to the end.
Kylie
Yes Kylie, I plan to frame it.
DeleteHa ha you are like me when it comes to shoes. I always end up buying black shoes. They go with every outfit. :)
I like to mend clothes too...it's so satisfying to know you can save a garment and get more use out of it. Your new clothes are gorgeous and it will remind you of home when you wear them. See you next time! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sue. Yes, it's so satisfying. When I can't mend a garment anymore, I cut it up and use to make something else.
DeleteIt is hard to buy trousers without the super skinny (stretchy)legs. I do like the skirt and your cross stitch is coming along nicely. Glad you are enjoying your holiday.
ReplyDeleteYes Deb, I don't follow the latest trend, so sometimes it's hard to find clothes for me. :)
DeleteShame about the trousers but the clothes you did buy were a bargain considering they were your only purchases for the last year. I have lots of mending to do and must gather it all together and make a day of it. It is so satisfying when you can gain some more use out of something, especially a favourite garment, with a few repairs.
ReplyDelete