This morning I woke up very early. It's not normal for me to wakeup before 4 am, but I couldn't go back to sleep. So I did my cross stitch for a while and had an early breakfast.
Later in the morning I planted the Ruellia I bought from a plant sale. When I bought it yesterday I thought each pot had one plant, but I was able to divide them into several plants. My front yard is still very empty. There are no trees except for the flower pots near the front door. So I planted Ruellia along the wall. These have purple flowers, and I'd like to have more flowers in different colors and a stone edging there. As you can see the front yard needs colors to brighten it up.
I added up my monthly expenses and so far I have spent 48.1% of the income. Hopefully there won't be any unexpected expenses this week. I already sent an additional $250 toward the mortgage principal and deposited money in several savings accounts and the retirement account. I'm saving money to build a fence around two sides of the yard and if all goes well I will have enough money to build the fence in December.
I finished the swap item made for the Christmas Swap at The Homemaker's Forum, and I will mail it tomorrow on my way to work.
I have been reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I love this book. I've always considered myself an introvert, so this book really resonates with me.
It's already 4.30 pm and I have been up for more than 12 hours. I am a bit tired now, but it's too early to go to bed. I will read another chapter of Quiet, and then cook cauliflower rice and lentil curry for dinner. I hope I won't fall asleep on the couch. 😊
I hope you all have a wonderful week.
XX
Nil
Hi Nil, Your cross stitch looks beautiful. I love the design. That's great that you're planting flowers in front of your house. Have a nice dinner, and well done on the budgeting.
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie. I'm not getting much cross stitching done because of other housework. but I want finish it before this year ends. :)
DeleteLovely Sunday Nil, have you seen that Introverts page on FB...it's been a real eye-opener for me-I just thought I was anti-social!!
ReplyDeletehave a great week?
I know some people think I'm anti-social. :) What is the FB page Sue? Sometimes I read Where's My Bubble on FB.
DeleteSuch a delicate cross stitch. It is coming along so well. Almost there by the looks of it. I haven’t slept through the night in over two years. I fall asleep straight away but wake from 2.30am onwards and basically toss and turn before giving in and getting up at 4.30am. I read until 5am. Doesn’t matter what time I go to bed.
ReplyDeleteYour dinner sounds scrumptious - I’m heading over 🙂.
Kylie
I normally sleep well Kylie, but sometimes have sleepless nights. I try not to eat chocolate or drink coffee or tea in the afternoon and it helps. But it's hard to avoid chocolate. :)
DeleteI have no doubt that your gardening skills will have your landscaping looking beautiful in time. I've heard good things about Quiet. Let us know what you think when you're done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Priscilla. Landscaping can get really expensive. There are so many beautiful plants, pots and decorative items at the gardening center. I want to have a garden that can be maintained easily, without spending a lot of money. So it takes time. :)
Delete