Friday, May 31, 2019

Progress Review: 2019 Goals - First 6 Months



Can you believe it's almost June? It's time to review my goals for the first 6 months. Unlike in 2018, this year things are going pretty slowly. I didn't achieve a lot. 


Personal 
1) Exercise weekly, at least 30 minutes. - No comment! 😶
2) Learn a new skill. (knitting or crochet) - Started. But not going well yet.
3) Continue to get at least 7 hours of sleep. - This is going well. Especially now.
4) Continue to volunteer 1 hour/week. - 100% success during from January  to mid May.

Home
1) Reupholster the sofa. - Not done.
2) Make curtains for dining room windows. - Done.
3) Organize the spare room. - I'd say this is 50% done.
4) Sell unwanted items on Craigslist or have a yard sale. - Not done.
5) Install more cupboards in the kitchen. - Not done.
 
Garden
1) Plant Norfolk Island Pines. - Planted two, but they died.
2) Add more flowers to the front garden. - Done.
3) Make two raised beds for vegetables & herbs. - Done.
4) Install the side fence.- Not done.
 
Financial
1) Max out Roth IRA for 2019.-  Continue each month until December.
2) Continue monthly mortgage principal payments.- Didn't do this for 2 months. 
3) Make a will and a health care directive.- Not done.
4) Keep monthly expenses at 60-65% of the take home salary. - Done. 

I have to really focus and get things done. Especially making a will and a healthcare directive, and installing the fence. Some of the goals depend on others. For example, I  did organize the spare room, but there are things in there that I want to sell (yard sale) or donate. Until that's done, I think the spare room looks a bit cluttered. I'm intentionally postponing installing additional kitchen cupboards because I don't want to deal with dust. But I already have the cupboards, so I must get it done because the cupboards are stacked in a corner of the dining area.  

I hope the next 6 months will be more productive. 

XX
Nil


12 comments:

  1. You are home!!!!!!!!

    Welcome home! Hope you had a lovely visit. And hope it is also very nice, to be in your own nest, again. :-)

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet wisps of words. I’m still with mom. She wouldn’t like it at all if I came for just a week. 😊

      Delete
  2. Whenever wanted to have a yard sale I would pile things in the corner too until I had enough. It is always a good feeling to get that cleared out. I hope your next 6 months are very productive for you, Nil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to either have a yard sale or donate the items, Belinda. Sometimes I’m very good at procrastinating. 😊

      Delete
  3. I think you're doing great, Nil. There's always something to be done when you own a home. You have continued to make your own soap, too! Hope all is well with you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephenie. My family is doing well. I think I’ve gained a couple of pounds too. Not sure if that is a good thing, though mom is happy about it. She always thinks I’m too skinny. 😊

      Delete
  4. Hi Nil,

    Some progress is better than no progress. You have done well getting things done. Life gets in the way sometimes and forces us to put things off. You sound like me, I make lists, some get crossed off, others do not. I keep my spare room door shut when it is not organised, what I cant see is not there haha!

    Keep plodding along and have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Tania I too keep the spare room door closed. That’s how sometimes I forget the stuff in there. 😊 Maybe if I keep the door open it will motivate me to have a yard sale and get rid of the stuff.

      Delete
  5. I laughed ( kindly of course) at your 'no comment' comment about your goal to exercise.....tells us all we need to know 😊 I think exercise is hard to fit in when you work full time, unless you have a passion for running or biking or something. You have so many of your goals crossed off, so well done. Things will get done, you're aware and I think that's the first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanette I think the main reason for not doing exercises is that I’m not really serious about it. I know it’s good for me, and part of me wants to exercise. But I don’t see an urgency ( no weight or health problems ) so I keep finding other things to do. 😊

      Delete
  6. Nice photo of the allamanda! We used to have a big vine in the back yard of my childhood home. My mother had a very sturdy wooden trellis made for it and I had a swing hanging from one of the trellis beams. Good memories! Thanks. :)

    I think you did very well with your goals for the first half of the year. Lots of "done"s and "started"s. I'm sure you'll get more crossed off your list, later this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This allamanda vine is also in mom’s backyard. 😊 We call them ‘kaha mal’. Hehee very original and creative, don’t you think?.😁

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻