I still didn’t buy yarn for the blanket. Setting that project aside for a while, I started making a small table mat using two colors of yarn I already have at home. As you can see from the photo below, the blue rectangle in the center is crooked. I am not sure why. Maybe I crochet too tightly or the tension is not even throughout?
After reading Bless's recent post about eating 30 different plant based foods each week, I decided to try it, starting tomorrow. My diet is mostly plant based, but I don't think I eat 30 different things each week. It's a good way to motivate myself to eat a variety of foods.
I will share with you how it goes. 😊
XXX
Nil





How fun that you were able to plant seeds from the compost and will be getting vegetables. I have not had a garden in many years, It is a lot of work. The blue and the green in your square are pretty together. I'm heading over to read about the 30 plant foods a day.
ReplyDeleteYes, having a garden is a lot of work, Judee. I neglected for a long time and just last month started growing things again.
DeleteOh, those mangos look delicious as do the figs. There, you go - you have at least two different types of fruits to start off on your 30 a week! I think you will surprise yourself by how many plant based foods you already eat; I know you eat more plant based meals than I do.
ReplyDeleteYour table mat looks fine to me, but, I think if you block your placemats (dampen them, then, stretch them out to the rectangular dimensions you want them to be, pin them in place and let them dry, or, even, iron with a low iron to set them), they will be fine, even if they start out a bit wonky.
Thank you Bless. I will try blocking the placemat.
DeleteI started 30 a week challege today. Couldn't wait till Monday. 😁
Your garden looks very neat. It will be interesting to discover what sort of squash plant that is! I don't think you picked the figs too early. They look like they might be soft to the touch and ready to eat. I used to pick some fruits early before the squirrels snack on them. No animals seem to bother my figs, but I have seen ants lining up and they have taken over any that are overly ripe. It's a shame but better to pick early than to have nothing to pick. My figs are still small and green. andrea
ReplyDeleteI ate figs today. You are right. They were ripe. 😊
DeleteI would love to have a neighbour who gives me mangoes. Mine gives me mainly sour glances!
ReplyDeleteNil, that yellow flower looks like it will be a zucchini as we grew them in our VA garden years ago. It's nice to have volunteer veggies growing but, of course, you still have to tend to them. And, those figs did look ripe so glad to read that you enjoyed them. I'm not sure I even come close to eating 30 plant foods a week, but if fruit counts then I have a start.
ReplyDeleteHi Nil, I see that you've popped over for a visit and left a comment. I thought I would do the same. Mango's oh my love those. You have a very healthy looking garden. Your crochet is very pretty, I like those two colors together. It could be tension, maybe it will fix when you block it, I'm not sure what else it could be but tension, it is lovely either way, handmade and not another in the world like it because it's yours.
ReplyDeleteLovely garden photos. I so enjoy reading about other's gardens.
ReplyDeleteI think that when you remember that herbs, spices, etc all count, maybe it's not so hard. It's more about the variety, not the amount, so quite different from the 'five a day' thing.
I might keep a record of my plant based intake for a while, just to see . . . xx