I love asparagus. But I've been cooking it the same way for a quite sometime - sautéing with onions and garlic. I had a bunch of asparagus in the fridge, so I thought to make an asparagus soup for a change. I've made cream of mushroom this way, so I simply substituted mushrooms with chopped asparagus. I used arrowroot flour and almond milk, but you can use regular flour and milk. This will serve two, so you can double or triple these approximate amounts as needed.
Ingredients:
1/2 bunch of asparagus (about 250g)
1/2 onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
Chicken broth (about 3/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
1 cup almond milk
Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Remove tough bottom portion of asparagus stalks, wash and cut into small pieces. Chop onion.
Heat olive oil and add chopped asparagus and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add chicken stock just enough to cover asparagus. Cover and cook until asparagus is tender. Remove from the pot and let it cool a bit. Then using a blender make a smooth purée.
Place the pot back on the stove on low heat, and add butter. When butter melts, add arrowroot flour and mix well. Add almond milk and cook under low heat while whisking so there are no lumps. When the consistency is creamy, add puréed asparagus. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes. Add freshly ground pepper and salt.
No comments:
Post a Comment
❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️
Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.
🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻