Thursday, September 14, 2017

Quinoa Salad

This is a very simple salad and I make it often. I usually use coriander leaves as well, but I didn't have any today. Quinoa is gluten free and very high in protein. This is a colorful salad with brown beans, yellow corns, green capsicum, red tomatoes and onions. Pretty, nutritious, easy to make and delicious- all the things I like in a recipe!

Ingredients:

1 cup of quinoa
1 1/2 cups of water

1 can (432g) of kidney beans (I wash and drain beans)
1 cup of corn ( I use canned ones)
1 capsicum diced
1 tomato diced without seeds
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 cup of sliced olives
Salt and black pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon

Wash quinoa in cold water and drain. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook until soft. Stir with a fork and set aside.
Combine beans, corn, capsicum, tomato, onion and olives. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. 
Add lemon juice. Mix everything well. 



4 comments:

  1. That looks a lovely salad, I like using quinoa in salads too. Today and tomorrow, I'll be planting out cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and some more lettuces for the salads we'll having in the coming months. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinoa is so light and fluffy. Thanks for the recipe, I love all the bright colours.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very healthy and colorful. I love red onions. It's great to see you posting again, Nil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephenie. I've been busy after the hurricane. But I try to post at least once a week. :)

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻