Wasn't it just the other day that I danced about having a long weekend? It's already Monday night and the long weekend is almost over. I get most of my house work done on Saturdays and Sundays, and this one is a productive weekend. I did a bit of gardening, sewing, and cooking.
Summer is coming to an end and I was too late to start several vegetables from seeds for Fall season. So I bought heirloom tomatoes, kale, broccoli and Bibb lettuce from the gardening center.
| Basil, lettuce and kale. |
| Tomato and broccoli waiting for pots. |
When I was visiting mom this summer, I bought fabric to make curtains. It's been a couple of months and finally I made two curtain panels for the library room. I kept old blinds also because I think curtains alone don't provide enough privacy. May be I'll add a drape later, but I like sheer curtains and the lightness of it.
| New curtains. |
I made a loaf of gluten free bread, lemon butter cookies, chickpea curry, cauliflower rice and baked chicken. The rest of the weekend meals were leftovers. I like cauliflower rice because I can add anything to it. Sometimes I call it 'everything in the fridge' recipe. This time I used graded carrots, onions, celery and two turkey sausages. Whatever vegetable left in the fridge goes into my cauliflower rice.
| Cauliflower rice. |
I have extra meals in the fridge and freezer for the week. Water bottles filled, oats soaking in the fridge for my morning porridge, and I'm all set for another work day. 😊
Until next time,
XX
Nil
We have sheer curtains too as I like the lightness. At night we have the heavy drapes which are also good insulators.
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge fan of cauliflower rice too. Your rice looks so tasty and super healthy.
That weekend did fly. I really lose track of the days.
Yes Kylie, I think time flies when we are busy. :)
DeleteYour curtains look nice! Have a wonderful week at work!
ReplyDeleteThank you Priscilla.
DeleteI love your new curtains, Nil. They look so light and airy. The cauliflower rice sounds delicious. It's also a good way to clean out the refrigerator. Your new plants look exciting. I want to plant some lettuce and winter vegetables, too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will be able to plant winter veggies before it's too late for your area, Stephenie. If I had started with seeds it would have been cheaper, but I forgot.
DeleteYour new curtains look light and airy, I like the wavy swirl on them! WE have heavy backed curtains here on our SW facing doors, they help a lot to keep the summer sun's heat at bay. They do make a difference! Your seedlings will hopefully grow into strong, productive plants. I planted a big tub of bee-friendly flowers for Spring yesterday afternoon, was lovely to have hands in soil again. Meg:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Meg. I am going to use heavy drapes in living room as it faces west and gets really hot. Otherwise I have to run the AC a lot during the summer.
DeleteThere is so much wonderful encouragement when a seed comes up!
ReplyDeleteYes, I love to see tiny seedlings and how they grow up slowly. :)
DeleteI've started making cauliflower rice lately, and using it for pizza and frittata bases....such a versatile vegetable and quite cheap here at the moment...I can buy a big one from the farm stall up the road for 50c! Love your new curtains, there's something lovely about filmy light curtains.
ReplyDeleteCauliflower is really cheap in your area. Just today I bought another one and 1kg is over $2. I'm going to try it in frittata. :)
Delete