Sunday, December 2, 2018

Broken iPad :(

It's already December! I can't believe how fast time flies.
I've been busy writing and grading exams and lab reports. The final week starts Wednesday. So I have another busy week ahead.


With that work and a lingering headache that lasted almost a week, I feel that I was not very productive at home. And my iPad suddenly stopped working. It just has a white screen. I connected it to my laptop and tried updating the operating system via iTunes. It didn't help, so I tried restoring it. Still it has the white screen. When my work slows down, I'll take it to a repair shop.

Not having the iPad does have advantages. I spend less time online and go to bed relatively early. My laptop is old and very slow, so it was easy to use the iPad for reading online. The downside is that now I have to use the actual camera to take photos, and then upload it to the laptop. Because my phone is old and slow as well, I used the iPad to take a quick photo and upload it to Google photos or share with my sisters. And I used the iPad to make video calls. The other day when I was talking to my sister and mom I couldn't get my phone to activate video calls. Sister asked me to buy a good phone. I know she thinks that I'm a bit too stingy to buy a good smartphone. 😊 It's so easy to get used to the convenience of modern technology.

If the iPad is not repairable I think I will not buy a new one. Soon I will have to replace my phone and laptop, so I need to save money. However, I have no plans to spend $1000 for a phone. (Unless it cooks and does laundry!)
 
Broken iPad. :(

I didn't finish the ebook Thomas Jefferson : The Art of Power. I requested a hard copy from the library. It's time to go back to reading real books now that the iPad is dead.

Results of this week's to-do list:
1) Mend more clothes.
2) Prune a flower bed.
3) Take measurements of the sofa.
4) Cut quilt blocks.
5) Paper work.
6) Do yoga.
7) Sleep 7 hrs.


Next week's to-do list:
1) Mend clothes.
2) Iron a stack of clothes.
3) Take measurements of the sofa.
4) Cut more quilt blocks.
5) fertilize potted plants.
6) Do yoga.
7) Sleep 7 hrs.

Have a lovely week everyone. 😊 🎄 😊

XX
Nil



23 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Ipad! You should google "iPad white screen of death" and try the suggested fixes before you take it to someone to fix. Have a great week! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea.
      I did search online, and followed instructions. Nothing helped. :(
      I hope you have a good week. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nil, I'm sorry about your ipad. I have older equipment, too. My computer guy said that the older computers last longer than the new ones. I bought my mini ipad used, from my ex-boyfriend's mom. She paid five hundred dollars for it, and I got it for fifty dollars. I hope you can find a good deal or get yours fixed. I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache. I hope you are okay. Take care of yourself. Real books are my favorite. Used Kindles are often cheap or free. I have my mom's, and my neighbor offered me hers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a great deal for an iPad, Stephenie.
      I will look around for a used one if repairing is too expensive.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your iPad. I don't have one, but my daughter has one. Sorry to hear about your lingering headache, too. Hope it has gone away now. Sounds like you are busy with tests and grading. I wouldn't attempt to get a lot of other things done when things are so busy at work. Take care of yourself and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless.
      My headache's gone now. I think it was due to too much stress. Now I'm all OK. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry about your iPad, Nil. Isn't it always the way, that something goes wrong. It can prove frustrating and expensive. I hope you manage to get it fixed. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jules. It's only 3 years old. But I guess it's ancient in terms of technology and in the age of planned obsolescence. :(

      Delete
  5. What a LONG time to have a headache, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling 100 percent by now! You crack me up . . . a phone that'll do laundry and cook, too, now I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all fine now, Priscilla.
      Heheee one of my childhood dreams was to have a robot that can cook. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about your iPad, Nil. I hope you take Andrea's suggestion to Google a fix for it and can get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Googling Belinda. Nothing worked. I think it's a hardware problem. When things at school slows down, I will check about the cost of repairing it.

      Delete
  7. Poor old iPad. I don't have an iPad (I use a Samsung Galaxy) but Steve loves his. It must be about 5 or 6 years old and the only reason he bought it was to use with the navigation system in the airplane. Sold the plane, kept the iPad. Take care of that headache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sorry about the broken iPad.... -sigh- But as you say, when one of our techy toys breaks, it has some up sides too. :-) Unless we are simply and totally addicted, that is. And me being older, I like not being totally addicted. ,-)

    Here, everything is old! Except our tablets, which are a bit newer. And we have a land line! -gasp- LOL Our old cell phones are only for safety when driving, and to contact each other, in stores. :-))) We each take a list in grocery stores, and can call the other, when one of us, is done. Noooo fancy new cell phones for us. And of course, we can't _text_! -another gasp-

    This is a busy time, for all, in academia. Students and professors. :-)

    ✨🎄✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee I like to think that I'm not addicted to the iPad. :)
      Old things last longer, wisps of words. Those old type flip phones normally last better than newer smartphones. I don't have a landline, and have a cellphone with a plan that offers free texts worldwide. It comes handy when I travel. :)

      Delete
  9. Sorry you have been feeling unwell, headaches are not nice. Sorry about the ipad, there is always something isn't there, I am sure you will pull back the future expenses by being frugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene.
      Yes, there's always something that pops up to mess up my budget plans. Time to be more frugal now. :)

      Delete
  10. Isn't so frustrating when technology fails and I do hope that you will be able to get the iPad repaired. As al alternative, you could try checking our refurbished iPads on the apple website. I bought my first iPad and still have the MacBook Air I bought from this site and its over 5 years old. You still get the full 1 year Apple warranty and can save a bit of money. Hope you are feeling better too. I have fallen behind in glogging and blog reading due to a lingering cold since our return from Thanksgiving in PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better now Beatrice.
      I didn't know about refurbished iPads sold by Apple. Thank you for the tip Beatrice, I will check their site. :)

      Delete
  11. whoops meant blogging not glogging...I should spell check before posting a comment :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It happens to me all the time. Sometimes autocorrect thinks that it knows better. :)

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻