Tuesday, December 4, 2018

2018 Goals - Progress Review

2019 is right around the corner.  So I wanted to check the progress of my 2018 goals. I wanted to accomplish the following goals during the last 6 months of this year.

Personal
1) Start doing 30 minutes of yoga on Fridays (or walking.) - Not doing well. I give about 30% success rate. 😔
2) Learn a new skill, specifically soap making. Done. I made soap twice so far.
3) Spend not more than 2 hours/day online, especially on week days.  - Haha..this was not successful, though it is getting better without the iPad.
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep. - Mostly successful, though not 100%.

Home
1) Install plantation shutters in two more rooms. - Done.
2) Install additional cupboards in the kitchen. - Not done. This will be done in 2019, hopefully.
3) Sell unwanted items on Craigslist or have a yard sale.- Not done.
4) Buy a sofa. - Done.

Garden
1) Install the side fence. - Not done.
2) Create a flower bed in the front yard and a section for edible weeds in the back yard. Done.
3) Add hummingbird feeders. Done.

Financial
1) Max out Roth IRA for 2018. Will be done by the end of this month.
2) Continue monthly mortgage principal payments.- Partially done. I didn't pay extra for 4 months.
3) Rearrange savings accounts to maximize the interest earned. Done.
3) Make a will and a health care directive. Not done. I will definitely do this next year.
4) Discuss with HR at work about having Vanguard as an option for the employer sponsored plan. Done, but was not successful.


I'm making a list of goals for the first 6 months of 2019. I want to pay more attention to 'personal' category, especially doing exercise and sleeping more. I'm satisfied with other categories because I got at least 50% done. I will do better next year. 😊


How about you? Did you set goals in 2018?


XX
Nil



24 comments:

  1. Looks like you did quite well on a lot of your goals, Nil. As for those that you didn't accomplish, well, you've something to look forward to in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless.
      Yes that's a positive way to look at it, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I am impressed that you write your goals down and that you keep track of how you are going. I am not that organised!! You've done quite a bit with your home so perhaps you can prioritise the yoga and sleep more next year. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Meg. Regular home maintenance will be there always, but I've got several big things done. So the next year should be less hectic in that regard. Hopefully. :)

      Delete
  3. You have quite a number of "done" goals, congratulations! I am definitely the goal-setting type. I feel like I just muddle through my days if I don't have goals in mind. My biggie goal was to progress on my writing journey. It's a long-haul thing, but I'm making progress.:-)

    Funny about your goal to limit your time online and the iPad.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be the iPad was trying to help me..LOL
      I'm glad to hear that you are making progress on your novels. :)

      Delete
  4. You are doing well! Writing a will is definitely useful, as is consolidating your savings. Boring but useful. I need to write a medical directive thingy, just like you.

    I have not set myself any goals this year other than stop apologising for the state of my house to visitors. It is never actually that bad. Next year, I am going to get my BMI to a more healthy level. I have just had my first appointment with a dietician to help me achieve this. I am embarking on a one year programme with her..... there won't be any room for other goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Christina. A one year programme to manage BMI with a dietitian should be very helpful. Sometimes it's harder to do it all by yourself.

      Delete
  5. No, but we are in our 80's. Keeping our health is our only goal now. :-)

    Sooooo, I guess we do have goals! But they are a constant.

    Congratulations, on the completion, of so many of yours. It must give you satisfaction. And a push, to continue, into the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good goal wisps of words.
      One of my goals is to exercise regularly. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Nil, You are so organized and on top of it with your goals. One of my goals last year was to mop my floors each week. I have done pretty well, but sometimes I still procrastinate on that one. I do have a will and a trust, and it's a secure feeling, especially when you own a home. I would say I have achieved my main goals: to start traveling, adopt my dog Lula, get chickens, and do a better job of cleaning my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Stephenie for achieving your goals.
      I too want to have chickens one day, but have to fence the yard first. :)

      Delete
  7. You did well! 2019 can start with what you didn't get done. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing really well, Nil. Just reaching the end of a week in one piece is my goal at the moment :)
    Exercise and sleeping I really struggle with too, and I'm sure accomplishing one would really help with the other. Lets just say I'm a work in progress. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee I'm sure you will accomplish your goal Jules. :)
      I'm also a work in progress. :)

      Delete
  9. Nil I think I did make a list of goals for 2018 but can't remember where I put it. LOL! You are really doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL :)
      May be finding that list could be one of your 2019 goals. :)

      Delete
  10. I think you have done a great job on accomplishing your goals. We also need to establish a will and health care directive. It is shameful that we have not ever done this given we have grown children and substantial assets. Several major goals were reached this year-power washing the roof, painting the house, volunteering more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are indeed major goals, Anita.
      I've also decided to increase my volunteering hours. :)

      Delete
  11. You must feel good as you look at that list with all those things crossed off and DONE next to them. Those things not done are in your mind now though, so you'll get to them. I don't make goals, I wake in the morning with an idea of what I might want to accomplish that day, and have a vague list in my head of things I want to do down the track a bit......maybe that is making goals?......but I'm not hard and fast about it. There's always tomorrow :) I was possibly different before I retired and was working full time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good to cross off things on the list, Nanette. I like making lists , it motivates me. :) Though I'm not too strict about it either. As you say, there's always tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  12. No I didn’t but you’ve interested me in starting one next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget, not setting goals is fine too as long as you get things done. :)

      Delete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻