Monday, December 10, 2018

Weekly Catch Up

Though I anticipated a busy weekend, it was a very relaxing one. I was able to finish all my grading before the weekend. One would think that I would then be productive at home and cross off everything on the weekly to-do list. Ha!
I went to the library and borrowed three books. With that, my plans to be productive vanished very quickly. Cooler weather didn't help matters either.


I bought a new phone. After a warehouse discount I paid $199. There's also a $50 mail in rebate , but as I didn't receive it yet I didn't include it in my budget. There were phone cases at the store for $30, but I ordered one from Amazon, which was less expensive ($8).
I wanted to buy a phone sooner because video chat didn't work again on my old phone. I like video chatting with my mom and sister every weekend.

I bought a long sleeve Cashmere sweater and a turtleneck sweater from my favorite thrift store. Each was $4 because they had a 50% off sale.  I have two parties to attend next week, and with the cool weather I 'm looking forward to wear these new to me sweaters. ๐Ÿ˜Š


I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Results of this week's to-do list:
1) Mend clothes.
2) Iron a stack of clothes.
3) Take measurements of the sofa.
4) Cut more quilt blocks.
5) fertilize potted plants.
6) Do yoga.
7) Sleep 7 hrs.


Next week's to-do list:
1) Mend clothes.
2) Take measurements of the sofa.
3) Cut more quilt blocks.
4) fertilize potted plants.
6) Wrap gifts.
7) Do yoga.
8) Sleep 7 hrs.



XX
Nil





30 comments:

  1. Hi Nil, Wow! That's a great deal that you got on the sweaters. Congratulations. I'm glad that you will be able to video chat with your mom and sister again. That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephenie. I wanted a Cashmere sweater for so long, but didn't really want to spend hundreds of dollars for a new one. The used one still looks very good and such a bargain for $4. :)

      Delete
  2. I would have sat down and read those books too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grading finished, and you relaxed with library books. Sounds quite perfect, to me!!!!! :-)

    And great clothing finds. Yesssss....

    What you get done, is wonderful. What you don't, will still be there. I know, I am way too lax in my attitude. But Hon, when you are in your 80's, you will have learned, that much of the doooo stuff, we want to stress over, is inconsequential in the long run.

    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy your parties๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got the sweaters for a great price and I'm so pleased you got your new phone and can video chat with your family once again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jules. I'm very happy to have a new phone. I don't have to charge it every few hours like the old one. I'm still learning new features on it. :)

      Delete
  6. That is a good price for cashmere. I know all about how a trip to the library can cause plans to go astray! Enjoy those video chats with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great deal on the sweaters! I hope you enjoy the parties. We are going to one tonight .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deals! We left our ATT phone account and switched to Cricket (which I think ATT owns). Half the price and so far it works great ; just the same. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Andrea. Great savings.
      I only changed the phone, but have the same carrier.

      Delete
  9. How lucky to find cashmere sweaters in the thrift shop! I'd love to own one myself. I hope you have great fun at the parties this weekend. Relaxing with a good read sounds just perfect, far more fun than doing chores. I always think after a relaxing weekend, the new week turns out more productive and happy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in search for a Cashmere sweater for a while, Christina. Several times I found ones, but either they were not my size or I didn't like the color.
      I hope you will find a good Cashmere sweater soon. :)

      Delete

  10. Books bring all my productive thoughts undone too, Nil. I have a little stack of books here with me on holiday and I am enjoying reading my way through them...quite content!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't thrift stores great places, Nil? I like to go to the local ones at least once a week if possible. It's never that I am looking for something, but it's the surprise finds that are most exciting and you got great deals on the clothes you bought. Have fun at the holiday gatherings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really nailed the essence of thrift store shopping, Beatrice. I love going to thrift stores, though I don't buy things often. It's such a thrill to find things I've been looking for at great prices.

      Delete
  12. I like the look of your books Nil. I'll make a note of those for the New Year. What subjects are you grading? I'm sure you will look nice in your new sweaters, as we swelter here ha, ha. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. I know it must be very warm over there. I hope you stay cool, Pauline.
      I teach physics. The semester is over now, and I'm officially on winter break. :)

      Delete
  13. Enjoy your break Nil. You must be so ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy winter break! Well done on getting all your grading done and relaxing with some good books over the weekend. You certainly deserve a relaxing weekend after all that grading!

    I'm glad you were able to get a new phone at that great price and can now video chat with your mother and sister. I'm sure that they, too, look forward to your weekly chats. I chat with my daughter practically every night! :D

    You got some great deals on those sweaters! I keep telling myself I need to go to the thrift store, myself (the one closer to me closed and the other one is a bit of a drive, so I don't go that often).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I didn't realize how badly I needed a break until it started. It was a really busy semester, so I'm glad to have a couple of weeks to relax. :)

      Delete
  15. Looks like you have some good reading for the week.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

๐ŸŒป Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. ๐ŸŒป