Saturday, June 1, 2019

Goals for Next 6 Months

I made a new list of goals for the next 6 months. 
I removed several goals from the last list. I’m going to volunteer at the college food bank weekly, so I don’t have to have it as a goal to motivate me. I reduced the number of goals under ‘home’ category. Next semester is going to be the first semester for my online course, so I know it’s going to keep me busy even in some weekends. Working in the garden is a great stress reliever for me, so I added a couple of new goals there. I’m pretty confident about the financial goals. My Roth IRA contributions are automatically withdrawn from the bank each month, and I always try to keep my spending around 60% of the monthly income. So I think there’s no need to keep those two items in the list. Now if I could make exercising a habit and remove it from the list, I’d be ecstatic. 😁

Personal 
1) Exercise weekly, at least 30 minutes.
2) Spend more time learning to crochet.
3) Continue to get at least 7 hours of sleep. 

Home
1) Organize the spare room.
2) 
Sell unwanted items on Craigslist or have a yard sale.
3) Add one cupboard in the kitchen.
 
Garden
1) Plant Norfolk Island Pines.
2) Plant mango, citrus and neem in the ground.
3) Hang flower baskets in the front porch.
4) Install the side fence.
 
Financial
1) Make at least one extra  mortgage payment.
2) Make a will and a health care directive.

XX
Nil


20 comments:

  1. Looks good! Gardening is such a oasis, isn't it! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also must grow up and do our wills and health care directives. I will join you in attempting reach that particular goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really must get it done this year. I’ve been postponing it for too long now.

      Delete
  3. Beast of luck with your next goals. You are so organized, I'm sure you will do well, with them.

    Just noticed your "Steps to Make Life Simple and Stress Free"... Excellent post!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent goals for the rest of the year! Maybe consider your time spent in the garden doing active work such as building the fence, pruning trees, etc., as your weekly exercise? I'm glad you are making your will and health care directives. It is important to have these things in place. I updated mine when I received my cancer diagnosis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee I sometimes try to justify not doing exercises by thinking like that, Bless. Especially pruning beats yoga for sure. 😊

      Delete
  5. Such a great list of goals. I wish you success in achieving them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what volunteer work you were doing. I do foodbank at our community centre and pack food hampers with another organisation for people doing it tough. A doable list of goals there, and I think gardening definitely qualifies as exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanette, you and Bless make me feel better by saying that gardening qualifies as exercise. Hehehe

      Delete
  7. Hi Nil and thanks for your recent comment on our continuing southern road trip. Are you home from your vacation? We are still continuing and will be getting to FL this coming week. It’s the terminus before we head back to NH by a different route. Your goal list is very thorough and touches on a lot of areas, some of which we would rather not think about😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still with mom, Beatrice. I won’t be back in Florida before you leave.
      I really enjoy reading about your trip. You take a lot of time to write very descriptive and thorough posts. 😊

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love hanging flower baskets. I say you do that goal first.😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to find a suitable plant. The porch faces west and unbearably sunny during the day. Most plants I already have don’t survive that heat.

      Delete
  9. Maybe try some ice plants in a hanging basket, despite the name they do very well with lots of sun and little water. I've never grown them in a basket, but had them in a west facing flower bed and they did very well. I also agree that gardening gets to count as exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some nice goals for the next 5 months. I am in a rut and need to do better with my 6 month plan. I am not a gardener so it stresses me rather than vice versa, but I know many people who find it their happy place. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you will be happy with your wild flower lawn, Anne. Wild flowers attract lots of bees and butterflies. 😊

      Delete
  11. I think you'll like having hanging baskets. I love mine with the pink geraniums. It's a good feeling to have all of those papers, especially when you own a home.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻