Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Look Back At 2020 - 20 Good Things 😊

 


Finally it's the end of 2020. What a year it has been! It's a year filled with anxiety, uncertainty and sadness for many around the world.  Sometimes it's hard to see little rays of goodness in a pandemic like this, but I wanted to concentrate on good things happened in my life in 2020. Remember my goals for the last 6 months?  Because I'm talking about positive things here, let's forget about that list, shall we?  Hehee😁  


Here are 20 positive things I'm grateful for in 2020. 😊

1) Learned new techniques to improve online teaching.
2) Attended more committee meetings and a conference from home, all online.
3) Successfully completed the post tenure review. 
4) Ability to work from home.
5) Had supportive colleagues to navigate a challenging couple of semesters.
5) Had more meetings this year with family and friends around the world, thanks to Zoom, Skype and Facebook Messenger.
6) Learned to crochet granny squares and also made new things such as hats, gloves, doilies and blankets.
7) Learned to make sourdough starter and sourdough bread.
8) Learned to make Elder flower cordial and passion fruit butter, no knead bread, and tried several new recipes.
9) Learned redwork embroidery.
10) Learned to do eyebrows at home.
11) Picked fresh papaya, pineapple, passion fruits, greens and herbs from the garden.
12) Added more flowers to the front yard (hibiscus, plumbago and marigold).
13) Received and shared plant cuttings and seeds though a regional gardening group.
14) Found new authors and read more fictions this year.
15) Increased monthly retirement contribution by $50, and fully contributed to Roth IRA.
16) Paid extra $500 toward the mortgage principal.
17) Was able to stay healthy, and all my family and friends had a safe year in this pandemic.
18) Was able to continue charitable donations. 
19) Learned new things from my blogger and forum friends, and met new friends online. πŸ’“
20) Most of all, I'm grateful for the love and support I received from my family and friends near and far.πŸ’–

🌻HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 🌻





XXX
Nil


21 comments:

  1. I like all your photos! Happy new year! You had a busy and productive year...hopefully this new year will be more joyful. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you too! Despite everything, you have had a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a beautiful list Nil. 🐚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nil, your list of 20 positive things for 2020 was a great idea and you accomplished a lot, so great for you! Glad to have met you through blogging this year and hope it’s a happier new year for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Nil! Love your list of 20 positive things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you too Nil. You've had a wonderfully productive year, and very successfully rose to the challenges othe year presented. Love that you included learning to do eyebrows at home among your list of positives 😊 Have a great 2021 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely list of positives and one to be proud of. All the best for 2021. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding positive things in 2020 is really challenging -- good job! I wish you a good year in 2021, with continued good things, especially health for you and for the whole world.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos and positive list. May you have a wonderful 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great list, one to be proud of! Happy New Year!πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to focus on the positives. A Happy New Year to you, Nil. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! It's nice to think about all the good things. Here's hoping for a fabulous 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Nil! What a great list! I'm so glad to know you as blogging friend and I wish you all the best for 2021! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful list of positive events. It is good to remember the good and not just the bad. #17 is definitely the best of the list. Happy New Year to you from sunny SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing how innovative we have become at staying home and still finding ways to connect. Hope this coming year will bring health and happiness to all. Happy New Year Nil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nil, Gorgeous flowers! You accomplished an incredible amount this year. I am so impressed. I love your discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely list of upbeat happenings, large and small. I hope 2021 brings you so many good things, there will be too many to list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved reading your list of twenty positives, Nil, and I'm glad too that you've been able to say safe and well during the year. Having a productive garden too, growing and producing some food of your own, is a wonderful thing. Happy New Year to you. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish you a wonderful new year Nil.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet reminder! We were blessed through this last year as well. I wonder what would happen if I took the time to write them down? I bet I would be amazed.

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻