Thursday was very busy, but productive.
I always feel good when I get things done - both at work and home. I don't get to do much at home during the week because of my work schedule. But Thursday is my shorter day at work. I taught two classes back to back, did grading and volunteered an hour at the college food bank.
After I came home I had a cup of tea. The sky was gloomy, so I thought it would rain. I watered the potted plants in the porch because they don't get enough rain water. Then I vacuumed all floors and mopped. I also deep cleaned the bathroom. I put the sofa cover and a couple of blouses in the washer and went out to the backyard to pick some greens. While there I pulled the trash bin and the recycling bin to the curb.
I picked curry leaves, mint and basil for my morning juice, and katuk, mustard greens, water spinach and hummingbird leaves for cooking.
| Homegrown greens. |
I sautéed greens and made a chicken curry. Then I made juice and left oats soaking in the fridge for breakfast. While cooking I also chatted with a friend. I wanted to cook cauliflower as well, but by that time I was tired and hungry.
By the time the dinner was over the slip cover was dry, so I put it back on the sofa.
I started a yogurt experiment. 😊 Several times I tried making yogurt with coconut milk, but failed. It was too watery. This time I added a couple of probiotic capsules to coconut milk and left it in the yoghurt maker.
| Yogurt experiment. |
I found several pretty craft projects suitable for the Christmas swap. I already have fabric, so I can cut the patterns tomorrow.
I have a stack of tests to grade, so that's also on tomorrow's to-do list. Also on the list are mending, ironing, gardening and installing plantation shutters. The weekend is supposed to be cooler, around 65F (18C). It has been warn and humid for too long, so it's nice to have cooler weather.
I look forward to a productive and peaceful weekend. Have a wonderful weekend all. :).
XX
Nil
You had a very productive day! You got a lot accomplished. I hope your yogurt experiment works well. I make yogurt with regular milk; I haven't tried making it with coconut milk.
ReplyDeleteYogurt didn't set well, Bless. Next time I'm going to add a bit of regular yogurt culture and see how it turns out. This one was too watery, but taste was not bad. :)
DeleteYou'll have to let us know if the yogurt worked this time since you added probiotics. Have a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeletePriscilla, it was like a yogurt drink. :) So the experiment will continue.
DeleteYou have been busy, Nil. I think my hubby had a yoghurt maker like that when we got married back in the 1970s. Now we use an Easiyo yoghurt maker.
ReplyDeleteI bought it from a garage sale for $5, Chell. It's one of my best garage sale finds. :)
DeleteHi Nil, You always sound so busy and productive. Yogurt makes really nice soaps, too. Your meal looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephenie. I'm still too new to soap making to try adding yogurt. :)
DeleteI love to tick things off my lists too, Nil. It always makes me feel that I'm making progress:D
ReplyDeleteYou have gotten a lot done in one day!
Meg
Heheee It's very satisfying isn't it? And sometimes I forget things too easily, so making a list really helps.
DeleteI hope the coconut milk yogurt is successful because it sounds delicious! What a productive day.
ReplyDeleteCooconut milk yogurt was not a success yet, Anita. It was watery, though I liked the taste. :)
DeleteYour week sounds very productive and satisfying! Your greens look so....green...and fresh. You have me hungry for yogurt now! Andrea
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a productive week, Andrea. :)
DeleteYour greens always look so delicious Nil, I have kale,bok choy, mustard greens and collards growing, as well as 'regular' herbs, but I love the look and sound of your katuk and hummingbird leaves. What sort of flavour do they give? I hope you were able to start on your Christmas swap sewing, and wondering if you've started your quilt. I hope your weekend has been relaxing.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of a flavor similar to katuk, Nanette. But I love the flavor. It's scientific name is Sauropus androgynus. It's a tropical plant, I wonder if it will grow well in your area. Hummingbird (Sesbania grandiflora) leaves are bitter, but not as bitter as bitter gourd.
DeleteI did start the swap item, but didn't have time to cut quilt pieces yet. Maybe next weekend. :)
Thanks for the botanical names Nil, I looked them up, and can buy both at a nursery near here. We call katuk Sweetleaf, and it's described as having a sweet taste like young peas! The hummingbird is called Agati....I've ordered seeds of it, and the Sweetleaf as a plant. Thankyou, so exciting to know of new plants and flavours that I can grow myself.
ReplyDeleteThat's great Nanette.
DeleteI never thought katuk tasted like young peas. :) But it does have a somewhat sweet taste.
And the hummingbird flowers are also edible. Katuk flowers eventually give tiny whitish fruit and my mom saute it with onions.
Thanks, tjat's good to know about the using the white fruit.
ReplyDelete