Monday, December 30, 2019

2020 Goals - First Six Months

Overall, 2019 had been a good year.  I learned to crochet, volunteered weekly, and I was fortunate enough to maintain good health, even without much exercising. I am also happy with what I achieved at home. I decluttered the spare room, and the office, and made curtains for all windows. I could have been more frugal with certain purchases, but I was able to max out the Roth IRA and paid one extra mortgage payment. 

So, what I do I want to achieve in 2020? I'm very good at making to-do lists. These lists motivate me, and most of the time, I do get things done because the lists act as a reminder.  However, recently I have realized that, sometimes I tend to be too hard on myself. Just after Christmas, I got sick. Instead of resting, I kept worrying about the things I 'had to' do! I couldn't get up from the bed because of a severe migraine, but I was still feeling restless. So, I decided that I need to learn how to relax more. And let go of my weekly to-do lists. Instead, I decided to write a weekly gratitude list. Yes, I know it's another list 😉. What can I say? I told you, I like lists. 😊 I love what Bless at My Two Cents does. Every day she writes a list of things that she is grateful for. So, I decided my main goal for 2020 is to practice gratitude.  I think I've already developed some good habits such as keeping a clean home, maintaining the yard, being frugal etc. I don't think I need constant reminders to keep doing them. 

I will still have several goals for the new year, but not too many. 

Personal:
1) Practice gratitude. 
2) Exercise. (15+ minutes/day, at least 5 days per week.)

Financial:
1) Pay at least two extra mortgage payments.
2) Finalize the will and the healthcare directive.

Home:
1) Organize the dining room. (paint the hutch.)
2) Add more indoor plants.

Garden:
1) Transplant potted neem, mango, and Norfolk pine.


XX
Nil



11 comments:

  1. Practicing gratitude should be on top of my list, too. I have been admiring your good habits all year and hope to learn a lesson or two :-)

    Have a wonderful 2020! Christina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goals look really achievable, Nil. It's a plan but it is okay too if it changes. I think a daily gratitude practice, whether it's one you write down or not, is so worthwhile. I'm sure you'll find a lot of goodness and beauty in your life.
    I am not a natural list keeper but over the past few years I have developed the habit of writing a quick daily list, in an old exercise book, each morning as I find that keeps me on track otherwise I'm prone to curling up somewhere with a good book and reading for hours! Happy New Year to you, Nil. I hope it's a wonderful year. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to have time with friends and family, and to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You accomplish a lot! A good manager knows when to cross things off lists! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I use lists too :-) Your list looks "happy." (if that makes any sense)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once a list maker, always a list maker, Nil. However, I think your 2020 lists may be more doable without being too hard on yourself and causing a migraine. Hope that you are feeling better. Happy 🍾 New Year to you. See you in blog land in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with your goals Nil. gratitude is a great idea! cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have excellent goals! I think lists are great, but maybe the trick is to remember they are there to help you and not you to conform to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!! May many good things happen this new year! Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we are our own worst critics. I do the same thing. Good luck in 2020.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear you've been ill, Nil. I know how you felt about the things on the To Do list because I felt the same way when I got sick after the almsgiving and couldn't get around to doing all the things I wanted for Christmas! I love the fact that you are going to practice gratitude - one thing I have learned by doing so is that there are many blessings in my life, every day.

    Good luck with the goals for 2020 - I think they are quite achievable. Happy New Year to you and all the best in 2020!

    ReplyDelete

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I'd love to read your thoughts, ideas and suggestions. ❤️❤️❤️

Please do not spam or add links to your comments as they will not be published.

🌻 Comments are moderated manually, so it will take several hours for them to appear. 🌻